How to Duplicate a Page in WordPress
Do you want to know how to duplicate a page in WordPress?
WordPress website admins often need to duplicate a page for several reasons. Fortunately, several WordPress plugins simplify the process and help you make copies of website pages.
In this article, we’ll show you how to duplicate a page in WordPress quickly.
Table of Contents
- Why Duplicate a Page in WordPress?
- How to Duplicate a WordPress Post or Page using Duplicate Page Plugin
- Final Thought
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Duplicate a Page in WordPress?
You might need to duplicate a WordPress page because you might want to use it as a template for other pages.
This is a common requirement during sales campaigns where an admin needs the page's design elements to create another landing page quickly. In other cases, you might need just the page's content on another page for A/B testing.
Whatever your requirement, WordPress offers several plugins that help you duplicate the pages on your website.
In this article, we'll discuss how you can duplicate a page in WordPress with or without a plugin.
How to Duplicate a WordPress Post or Page using Duplicate Page Plugin
Being able to duplicate a page in a few clicks and start the editing process is an incredible feeling. Like everything else, WordPress provides a couple of plugins that facilitate page duplication.
Here we’ve shown you how to duplicate a post or page using Duplicate Page. As Duplicate Posts is one of the best WordPress duplicate page or post plugins, with over 2 million active installations and 5-star ratings.
This plugin offers a few additional features that some other duplicate plugins don’t provide. Such as, you can duplicate posts, pages, and custom post types lets you duplicate a page or post within a single click. Furthermore, you can save the copies as drafts, pending, public, or private posts.
Let’s walk through how you duplicate a page or post using the Duplicate plugin.
Step 1: Install and Activate the Plugin
The first thing you need to do is install and activate the Duplicate Page plugin. In order to do this, you need to go to the left side of the WordPress admin dashboard. Navigate to Plugins and click on Add New.
Next, you’ll need to search for the plugin in the search box. Now click on Instal Now and the Activate button.
Step 2: Initial Plugin Configuration
Upon activation, you need to navigate to Settings and click Duplicate Page. You will notice two new links to clone or to create a new draft below each post title.
Once you click Duplicate Page, a new screen with Duplicate Page Settings will open up with four different options, including Choose Editor, Duplicate Post Status, Redirect to after clicking on Duplicate This link, and Duplicate Post Suffix.
Let’s see what you can do with the following options:
- Choose Editor: This option lets you select the editor you are using. You can choose among All Editors, Classic Editor, and Gutenberg Editor.
- Duplicate Post Status: You can select any post status you want to assign for duplicating posts. You can select Draft, Publish, Private, and Pendingcstatus.
- Redirect to after clicking on Duplicate This link: You can enable any post redirection that will redirect you to the selected after clicking on duplicate this link. You can redirect “To All Posts List” and To Duplicate Edit Screen.
- Duplicate Post Suffix: This will let you add a suffix for duplicate posts as Copy, Clone, etc. You can see this suffix right next to the title.
You can select whatsoever you want to do with your post and then click on Save Changes.
Now you’ll need to navigate to the Posts > All Posts page. You will notice a new option, “Duplicate This,” available next to the drafts. You’ll just need to click “Duplicate This” to make a copy of that page or post.
This is what the duplicate post looks like on the Posts page:
How to duplicate a page in WordPress is a common task in website administration. Fortunately, plugins make duplicating a page on WordPress quick and simple. We mentioned Duplicate Page WordPress duplicate plugins that we think will help you make copies of your WordPress pages within seconds.
Let us know if you need the above-mentioned plugin you tried for your pages.
That's all we helped you with How to Duplicate a Page in WordPress. You may also want to check out How To Redirect Woocommerce Users after login and How To Customize WordPress Login Page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you duplicate a page in WordPress?
Can I duplicate multiple pages in WordPress?
For this, you need a plugin that supports bulk duplication.
- What’s New in WordPress 6.2 (Features and Screenshots)
- How to Add Custom Fields in WordPress User Registration Form
- How to Customize and Secure a WordPress Login Page
- How to Remove “Proudly powered by WordPress” Text From the Footer
- How to Change Your WordPress Login Page URL (4 Easy Steps)
- Benefits of Social Login for WordPress Site
- 5 Best Login Widget Plugins for your WordPress Site
- How Social Login Improves CRO on Your WordPress Site
- How to Add CAPTCHA to WordPress Login and Registration Form
- 2 Easy Ways to Unblock Limit Login Attempts in WordPress
- How to Add Front-End Login Page and Widget in WordPress
- 13 Best WordPress Login Page Design Examples
- How to Display Custom WordPress Footer on Login Page
- How to Redirect WooCommerce Users After Login
- How to Redirect Users to the Referrer Page After Login
- 8 Most Common WordPress Login Issues (How to Fix Them)
- 9 Best Social Sharing WordPress Plugins (Free and Paid)
- How to Create Custom Welcome Messages for Your WordPress Website
- How to Embed a Video on WordPress (3 Easy Ways)
- How to Hide WordPress Login Page From Hackers (4 Easy Methods)
- 9 Most Popular Social Media Login APIs
- 2022 WordPress Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
- 11 Best WordPress Affiliate Plugins to Try in 2023
- WordPress Login Security: 13 Ways to Secure Login Page
- 15 Best Jetpack Alternatives for WordPress Websites
- 10 Best PayPal Plugins for WordPress
- How to Duplicate a Page in WordPress
- 15 Must-Have WordPress Plugins for Bloggers in 2023
- 10 Best WordPress Backup Plugins To Try In 2022
- 9 Best RSS Feed Plugins for Your WordPress Site (Free and Paid)
- How to Upload a PDF to WordPress
- How to Add WordPress Login Widget to the Sidebar (Easy Guide)
- How to Unpublish Your WordPress Site (An Easy Guide)
- How to Change the Font Size on the WordPress
- How To Change The Theme for Your WordPress Website
- How to Add Social Login Plugin to WordPress Website (Easy Guide)
- How to Change Domain Name in WordPress
- How To Add Google Fonts With LoginPress
- How to Customize the WordPress Login Page (Easy Guide)
- How to Find the WordPress Login URL (Easy Guide)
- How to Easily Change the Login Logo in WordPress
- How To Use Vanta.Js as Background
- How to Change or Reset a WordPress Password (2023)
- LoginPress with GDPR to Make Your Site Compliant
- How to Redirect Users After Successful Login in WordPress
- Login Page Language Switcher in WordPress 5.9
- How To Limit Login Attempts in WordPress (Easy Guide)
- How to Use LoginPress with WordPress.com?
- 9 Best WordPress Login Plugins In 2023 (Expert Pick)
- How To Design WordPress Login Page Without Coding
- What Is xmlrpc.php In WordPress
- WordPress Security – Protect Website from Hackers
- How To Use LoginPress With WooCommerce?