5 Best Login Widget Plugins for your WordPress Site
Do you want to add a Login Widget to your WordPress site?
You can use a Login Widget to add a login area that enables users to login into your WordPress site. It increases visits to your sites and boosts retention for your online blogs, products, and more.
This article will show you the best login widget plugins for your WordPress site.
Table of Content
- What is Login Widget?
- The Best WordPress Login Widget Plugins
- 1. LoginPress Login Widget Add-on
- 2. Login Widget Pro -Elementor
- 3. WPForms
- 4. Theme My Login
- 5. Login With Ajax
- Final Thoughts
- The Frequently Asked Questions
What is Login Widget?
You can create a custom login area with the Login Widget.
The login widget has the Username or Email Address and Password fields. These widgets can be placed anywhere on your WordPress site, i.e., sidebar.
This is a fine example of a login widget on the sidebar:
Since the login widget controls user access to your site, it is worth adding to the sidebar of your WordPress site.
It helps to:
- Increases visits to your sites
- It makes the login form more noticeable.
- The login widget makes the login form easily accessible from every page on the site.
The Best WordPress Login Widget Plugins
Multiple free and premium plugins are available for adding a Login Widget to your WordPress site. Here we’ve selected top picks based on their active installations, ratings, and compatibility with the major WordPress releases.
Let's get started!
LoginPress is a feature-packed plugin. It lets you easily and quickly add a login widget to the sidebar of your WordPress site with the Login Widget Add-on. It increases visits to your sites and boosts retention for your online blogs, products, and more.
LoginPress premium has the Login Widget Add-on. This Add-on adds a widget in your blog or products sidebar. It uses Ajax to help users log in via the sidebar while reading your blog.
LoginPress offers basic styling to the Login Widget, but you may uplift the style according to your site if you know HTML/CSS.
You can see our detailed guide on How to Add a Login Widget with LoginPress.
- You can easily style it the way you want (if you know HTML/CSS)
- You can select which links will be shown to the user.
- It lets you customize the text and link, i.e., Error Messages.
- The widget Title will change after login. You can change it.
- It lets you use a logged-in user avatar.
LoginPress is a freemium plugin. The premium version is available for only $99 per year.
Most of the time, WordPress themes come up with their own page builders. But you'll need to download a plugin if you want a built-in page or post builder in your theme. Elementor is the best option out there.
The good thing about Elementor is that you don’t need to find the right match, as it lets you work with any theme or plugin.
Elementor Pro comes with Login Widget Pro that lets you add a login widget to your WordPress site.
- This plugin has a simple drag-and-drop feature that lets you customize your page without touching a single line of code.
- It has multiple template designs that are fully customizable.
- This plugin lets you adjust your WordPress site to look perfect on every screen.
- It covers your bases with a widget for every need and endless customization options.
This plugin is available for free. The premium version starts at $59.00 per year for 1Pro Website Activation.
WPForms is an easy-to-use WordPress login widget plugin. It has all the essential tools that help you easily build a custom online form. You simply need to drag & drop whatever you want in your form from the features list.
WPForms is another option for adding a login widget to your WordPress site. All you need to do is to create a user login form. Once you’ve created your user login form, add it to any widget area of your WordPress site.
- It has a simple drag-and-drop feature.
- It’s a mobile-friendly plugin.
- It lets you create multi forms.
- It has built-in form templates. You can select from any of them t get started.
This is a Freemium plugin. You can upgrade to the premium version for $49.50 per year.
Theme My Login is a great solution if you want to match the login page to the rest of the website's design. You can create customized login, logout, and registration pages for your WordPress website.
The plugin improves the user experience by allowing them to log in directly after they fill out the registration form.
You can easily add a login widget with the Theme My Login plugin simply by adding
the [theme-my-login] shortcode.
- It customizes the slug used for login, registration, and other pages.
- It allows your users to set their own passwords upon registration.
- Users can recover their passwords from the Frontend of your site using Theme My Login.
Login With Ajax is a free WordPress login widget plugin with over 40,000 active installations. It lets you add a login widget in the sidebar with smooth AJAX login effects.
This plugin is the best option for those who want to customize the default WordPress login pages.
- Login With Ajax has flexible templates and options such as Modal/Pop-Up login forms, choosing a base color for each login form, and more.
- It’s a developer-friendly plugin.
We hope you know the best WordPress Login Widget plugins. We’ve added a list of free and paid plugins. So, if you’re a WordPress user on a budget, you can still use the free WordPress plugins to improve logins to your WordPress site.
Now try this out and tell us how much this article helped you in the comment section below!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best login plugin for WordPress?
How can I add a Login Widget to the sidebar of the WordPress site?
That’s all! We hope you will now get the list of the best WordPress Login Widget Plugins. You may also want to check out Best WordPress Login Page Design Examples and How To Duplicate Page in WordPress
- 9 Best WordPress Calculator Plugins in 2024 (Free + Premium)
- 11 Best WordPress Gallery Plugins
- How to Boost Login UX with Custom Login User Interface Design
- 25+ Best Free WordPress Themes – A Sneak Peak (2024)
- Top 10 Customizable Login Page Templates in WordPress (2024)
- 11 Best Mailchimp Alternatives 2024
- WordPress WooCommerce Tutorial (10 Step Easy Setup Guide)
- How to Sell on WordPress Without WooCommerce (2023)
- How to Fix reCAPTCHA Not Working in WordPress (2023)
- How to White Label WordPress Login Page Using LoginPress (2023)
- How to Monitor and Analyze WordPress User Login Activity
- How to Customize A WordPress Multilingual Login Page
- Best ChatGPT WordPress Plugins 2023
- How to Use LoginPress with WordPress Multisite in 2023
- How to Set up Custom WordPress Login Credentials in 2023
- Best WordPress SMTP Plugins in 2023
- 11 Best WordPress GDPR Plugins in 2023
- How to Set Up Multi-Factor Authentication for WordPress
- How to Add Two Factor Authentication in WordPress
- 7 Best WordPress Cache Plugins 2023
- Best AMP Plugins for WordPress
- 7 Best WordPress 2FA Plugins in 2023
- 13 Best WordPress AI Plugins 
- How to Fix the WordPress Login Redirect Loop
- 9 Best WordPress Search Plugins 2023
- How to Set up a Language Selector on the Login Page
- 9 Best WordPress Security Plugins (Secure Your Site Today)
- 9 Best Practices for Designing Form Layouts in 2023
- How to Create a Mobile Friendly Login Page Using LoginPress
- 11 Best WordPress Membership Plugins 2023 (Comparison)
- 13+ Best WordPress Social Media Plugins (2023)
- 11 Best WordPress Hosting Providers 2023 [Tested+Compared]
- 9 Best WordPress Redirect Plugins 2023 (With Exclusive Features)
- 17 Best WordPress SEO Plugins – Expert Pick (2023)
- 5 Best Social Login Plugins for WordPress in 2023 (Free and Paid)
- Why Use WordPress in 2023? [10 Amazing Reasons]
- Top 60 Free WordPress Plugins 2023 (Best Compilation)
- 9+ Creative Social Login Examples to Inspire Your Next Design
- How To Build a WordPress Website [The 2023 Way]
- LoginPress VS Colorlib Login Customizer: Which is Best?
- 7 Best WordPress Limit Login Attempts Plugins in 2023
- How to Monetize Your WordPress Blog: Themes, Tips, and Strategies
- What’s New in WordPress 6.2 (Features and Screenshots)
- How to Add WooCommerce Social Login to Your WordPress Site
- 10 Most Common WordPress Login Issues (How to Fix Them)
- How to Add Custom Fields in WordPress User Registration Form
- 7 Best Practices to Limit WordPress Failed Login Attempts
- How to Add Custom CSS to WordPress Login Screen
- How to Reset a WordPress Site (The Easiest Way)
- How to Turn off Comments in WordPress (5 Easy Ways)
- How to Customize and Secure a WordPress Login Page
- How to Remove “Proudly powered by WordPress” Text From the Footer
- How to Add CAPTCHA to WordPress Login and Registration Form
- How to Change Your WordPress Login Page URL (4 Easy Steps)
- Benefits of Social Login for WordPress Site
- 13 Best WordPress Login Page Design Examples
- 2 Easy Ways to Unblock Limit Login Attempts in WordPress
- 5 Best Login Widget Plugins for your WordPress Site
- How Social Login Improves CRO on Your WordPress Site
- How to Display Custom WordPress Footer on Login Page
- 15 Best WordPress Affiliate Plugins in 2023
- How to Redirect WooCommerce Users After Login
- How to Add Front-End Login Page and Widget in WordPress
- How to Redirect Users to the Referrer Page After Login
- 9 Best Social Sharing WordPress Plugins (Free and Paid)
- 2023 WordPress Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
- How to Create Custom Welcome Messages for Your WordPress Website
- 9 Most Popular Social Media Login APIs
- 10 Best WordPress Backup Plugins in 2023
- How to Embed a Video on WordPress (3 Easy Ways)
- How to Hide WordPress Login Page From Hackers (4 Easy Methods)
- WordPress Login Security: 13 Ways to Secure Login Page
- 15 Best Jetpack Alternatives for WordPress Websites
- How to Duplicate a Page in WordPress
- 10 Best PayPal Plugins for WordPress
- 15 Must-Have WordPress Plugins for Bloggers in 2023
- 9 Best RSS Feed Plugins for Your WordPress Site (Free and Paid)
- How to Unpublish Your WordPress Site (An Easy Guide)
- How to Upload a PDF to WordPress
- How to Add WordPress Login Widget to the Sidebar (Easy Guide)
- How To Find Your WordPress Login URL [The Easy Way]
- How To Change The Theme for Your WordPress Website
- How to Change the Font Size on the WordPress
- How to Add Social Login Plugin to WordPress Website (Easy Guide)
- How to Change Domain Name in WordPress
- How To Add Google Fonts With LoginPress
- How to Change or Reset a WordPress Password (2023)
- How to Customize the WordPress Login Page (Easy Guide)
- How to Easily Change the Login Logo in WordPress
- How To Use Vanta.Js as Background
- 9 Best WordPress Login Plugins In 2023 (Expert Pick)
- WordPress GDPR Compliance with LoginPress
- How to Redirect Users After Successful Login in WordPress
- Login Page Language Switcher in WordPress 5.9
- How To Limit Login Attempts in WordPress (Easy Guide)
- How To Design WordPress Login Page Without Coding
- How to Use LoginPress with WordPress.com?
- How to Disable XMLRPC.PHP in WordPress
- WordPress Security – Protect Website from Hackers
- How To Use LoginPress With WooCommerce?