How to Add WordPress Login Widget to the Sidebar (Easy Guide)
Do you want to add a login widget to your WordPress website or sidebar?
Many users think the only way to log into a WordPress website is through the Login page.
If you wish to provide your users with an additional way of logging into your WordPress website, you can add WordPress login widget to the sidebar on your site.
In this article, we’ll show you how to add a login widget to your WordPress login page.
Table of Content
- Why Do You Need a Custom Login Widget in WordPress?
- Adding Login Widget to WordPress Site Using LoginPress
- Frequently Ask Questions
Why Do You Need a Custom Login Widget in WordPress?
Sidebar widgets have very high visibility, even on smaller screens. A WordPress sidebar login widget is a great option if you want to encourage visitors to sign up for an account. The idea is to show the visitors that they can sign up for an account to avail of additional services and options.
WordPress provides a simple login widget that you can add to the sidebar. However, it's very simple and leaves a lot to be desired.
Adding Login Widget to WordPress Site Using LoginPress
LoginPress Login Widget is an add-on that website admins can place in the sidebar. Since it uses AJAX to log in the visitor, the page doesn't refresh when visitors click the widget.
Perhaps the best thing about the add-on is the option to customize it with the simple HTML/CSS combination code. This allows you to fit the widget within your website's design.
Note that the Login Widget add-on isn't compatible with block themes. So, if you're planning to use it, you need a non-block theme such as Twenty Twenty One.
Note: The following steps assume that you already have LoginPress WordPress login plugin installed and activated on your WordPress website. For more information, you can check our blog post How To Install And Activate LoginPress (Premium).
Step 1: Download Login Widget Add-on
The first thing you need to do is download the Login Widget add-on.
Start by logging in to your WPBrigade account and go to the Downloads page.
Once you’re there, look for the Login Widget add-on and click Download.
Step 2: Install and Activate the Plugin
After you have downloaded the plugin, you need to install and activate it.
For this, go to your WordPress Dashboard, and then to the Plugins Page.
Once you’re there, click the Add New button. You’ll be taken to the Add Plugins screen where you can upload the downloaded file.
After you have uploaded the plugin, click Install Now, and then Activate.
At this point, the add-on is ready for use on your website.
Step 3: Add the Login Widget
To add the login widget to the sidebar, go to the WordPress Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets. You can configure the Login Widget add-on Click on the Widgets and then you’ll be able to configure the add-on.
LoginPress Login Widget add-on enables you to add additional options to the default login widget. In particular, the add-on introduces the following options to the login widget:
- Add an avatar.
- Enable/disable the Show lost password link.
- Customize the Lost Password text.
- Show the registration link, with customizable text.
- Show the Remember me checkbox.
- Add a Login Redirect URL
The Login Widget add-on also allows you to customize the error messages so that you can convey additional information to the users.
Here is what the final appearance would be like:
Conclusion: WordPress Login Widget
A sidebar login form for your WordPress website adds to the user experience and offers an additional way of logging into your website. For example, users landing on your blog or landing pages can directly log into their accounts without going through an extra step.
The LoginPress Login Widget add-on adds more options to the default WordPress login widget and allows you to customize the appearance of the widget to better blend it into your website design.
Let us know if you tried the Login Widget add-on for your website sidebar.
Frequently Ask Questions
What is a login widget?
Is the WordPress login widget secure?
That's all! You can also check out How To Add Google Fonts With LoginPress and How To Change The Theme for Your WordPress Website.
Not using LoginPress yet?What are you waiting for?
- 9 Best WordPress Calculator Plugins in 2024 (Free + Premium)
- 11 Best WordPress Gallery Plugins
- How to Boost Login UX with Custom Login User Interface Design
- 25+ Best Free WordPress Themes – A Sneak Peak (2024)
- Top 10 Customizable Login Page Templates in WordPress (2024)
- 11 Best Mailchimp Alternatives 2024
- WordPress WooCommerce Tutorial (10 Step Easy Setup Guide)
- How to Sell on WordPress Without WooCommerce (2023)
- How to Fix reCAPTCHA Not Working in WordPress (2023)
- How to White Label WordPress Login Page Using LoginPress (2023)
- How to Monitor and Analyze WordPress User Login Activity
- How to Customize A WordPress Multilingual Login Page
- Best ChatGPT WordPress Plugins 2023
- How to Use LoginPress with WordPress Multisite in 2023
- How to Set up Custom WordPress Login Credentials in 2023
- Best WordPress SMTP Plugins in 2023
- 11 Best WordPress GDPR Plugins in 2023
- How to Set Up Multi-Factor Authentication for WordPress
- How to Add Two Factor Authentication in WordPress
- 7 Best WordPress Cache Plugins 2023
- Best AMP Plugins for WordPress
- 7 Best WordPress 2FA Plugins in 2023
- 13 Best WordPress AI Plugins 
- How to Fix the WordPress Login Redirect Loop
- 9 Best WordPress Search Plugins 2023
- How to Set up a Language Selector on the Login Page
- 9 Best WordPress Security Plugins (Secure Your Site Today)
- 9 Best Practices for Designing Form Layouts in 2023
- How to Create a Mobile Friendly Login Page Using LoginPress
- 11 Best WordPress Membership Plugins 2023 (Comparison)
- 13+ Best WordPress Social Media Plugins (2023)
- 11 Best WordPress Hosting Providers 2023 [Tested+Compared]
- 9 Best WordPress Redirect Plugins 2023 (With Exclusive Features)
- 17 Best WordPress SEO Plugins – Expert Pick (2023)
- 5 Best Social Login Plugins for WordPress in 2023 (Free and Paid)
- Why Use WordPress in 2023? [10 Amazing Reasons]
- Top 60 Free WordPress Plugins 2023 (Best Compilation)
- 9+ Creative Social Login Examples to Inspire Your Next Design
- How To Build a WordPress Website [The 2023 Way]
- LoginPress VS Colorlib Login Customizer: Which is Best?
- 7 Best WordPress Limit Login Attempts Plugins in 2023
- How to Monetize Your WordPress Blog: Themes, Tips, and Strategies
- What’s New in WordPress 6.2 (Features and Screenshots)
- How to Add WooCommerce Social Login to Your WordPress Site
- 10 Most Common WordPress Login Issues (How to Fix Them)
- How to Add Custom Fields in WordPress User Registration Form
- 7 Best Practices to Limit WordPress Failed Login Attempts
- How to Add Custom CSS to WordPress Login Screen
- How to Reset a WordPress Site (The Easiest Way)
- How to Turn off Comments in WordPress (5 Easy Ways)
- How to Customize and Secure a WordPress Login Page
- How to Remove “Proudly powered by WordPress” Text From the Footer
- How to Add CAPTCHA to WordPress Login and Registration Form
- How to Change Your WordPress Login Page URL (4 Easy Steps)
- Benefits of Social Login for WordPress Site
- 13 Best WordPress Login Page Design Examples
- 2 Easy Ways to Unblock Limit Login Attempts in WordPress
- 5 Best Login Widget Plugins for your WordPress Site
- How Social Login Improves CRO on Your WordPress Site
- How to Display Custom WordPress Footer on Login Page
- 15 Best WordPress Affiliate Plugins in 2023
- How to Redirect WooCommerce Users After Login
- How to Add Front-End Login Page and Widget in WordPress
- How to Redirect Users to the Referrer Page After Login
- 9 Best Social Sharing WordPress Plugins (Free and Paid)
- 2023 WordPress Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
- How to Create Custom Welcome Messages for Your WordPress Website
- 9 Most Popular Social Media Login APIs
- 10 Best WordPress Backup Plugins in 2023
- How to Embed a Video on WordPress (3 Easy Ways)
- How to Hide WordPress Login Page From Hackers (4 Easy Methods)
- WordPress Login Security: 13 Ways to Secure Login Page
- 15 Best Jetpack Alternatives for WordPress Websites
- How to Duplicate a Page in WordPress
- 10 Best PayPal Plugins for WordPress
- 15 Must-Have WordPress Plugins for Bloggers in 2023
- 9 Best RSS Feed Plugins for Your WordPress Site (Free and Paid)
- How to Unpublish Your WordPress Site (An Easy Guide)
- How to Upload a PDF to WordPress
- How to Add WordPress Login Widget to the Sidebar (Easy Guide)
- How To Find Your WordPress Login URL [The Easy Way]
- How To Change The Theme for Your WordPress Website
- How to Change the Font Size on the WordPress
- How to Add Social Login Plugin to WordPress Website (Easy Guide)
- How to Change Domain Name in WordPress
- How To Add Google Fonts With LoginPress
- How to Change or Reset a WordPress Password (2023)
- How to Customize the WordPress Login Page (Easy Guide)
- How to Easily Change the Login Logo in WordPress
- How To Use Vanta.Js as Background
- 9 Best WordPress Login Plugins In 2023 (Expert Pick)
- WordPress GDPR Compliance with LoginPress
- How to Redirect Users After Successful Login in WordPress
- Login Page Language Switcher in WordPress 5.9
- How To Limit Login Attempts in WordPress (Easy Guide)
- How To Design WordPress Login Page Without Coding
- How to Use LoginPress with WordPress.com?
- How to Disable XMLRPC.PHP in WordPress
- WordPress Security – Protect Website from Hackers
- How To Use LoginPress With WooCommerce?