How to Redirect Users to the Referrer Page After Login
Do you want to redirect users to the referrer page after login into your WordPress site?
You can improve the user experience is to automatically redirecting users back to the content they were viewing exactly before they logged in to your WordPress site. So they can enjoy reading your content without any interruption.
In this article, we'll show you how to redirect users to the referrer pages after login.
Let's get started!
Table of Content
- What is Referrer Page?
- Redirecting Users to Referrer Page After Login with Login Widget
- Step 1: Activate Login Widget Add-on
- Step 2: Go to Login Widgets
- Step 3: Get Started with Login Widget Add-on.
- Step 4: Try Login to See if You Redirect to the Referrer/Current Page
- Final Thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Referrer Page"
By default, the users are redirected to the admin dashboard when they login to the WordPress site using the default login form.
Redirecting to the referrer page redirects users to the page they were viewing before logging in to your site. This is particularly useful in membership sites or blogs where users Signup/Register accounts.
Redirect Users to the Referrer Page After Login with Login Widget
Redirect users to the referrer page after login in with LoginPress Login Widget. To achieve this, follow the guide below. Don’t forget you need first to install and activate the LoginPress Pro.
Note: For more details, check our guide on How To Install And Activate LoginPress PRO Version?
Step 1: Activate Login Widget Add-on
First, go to the left sidebar of the WordPress admin dashboard. Navigate to LoginPress and click Add-Ons.
Next, you need to see the Login Widget Add-On and Enable the toggle button to activate the Login Widget Add-on.
Step 2: Go to Login Widgets
Go to the left sidebar of the admin dashboard. Navigate to Appearance and click Widgets.
Step 3: Get Started with Login Widget Add-on.
Note: The Login Widget add-on isn't compatible with block themes. So, if you're planning to use it, you need a non-block theme such as Twenty Twenty-One.
A new screen will open up. Here you can see the Widget with a “+” sign at the top left corner of the screen.
Click on the “+” button.
Once you click on the +, you can search for the Login Widget and drag and drop it where you want to display it.
When you click on the login widget block, you’ll see that Login Redirect URL is set to the Current page URL by default.
Note: You can also add a custom URL for redirection after login.
Now, whenever the user tries to log in to your site while reading your content or viewing your products, the users will be automatically redirected to the Current page URL.
Let’s try to log in to see if Login Widget works perfectly to redirect the user to the Referrer/Current page.
We hope you now understand how to redirect users upon logging in to the referrer/current pages. It’s super easy with LoginPress Login Widget.
LoginPress Login Widget is a simple yet effective way to help users redirect to the referrer pages after login into your WordPress site. In case you find it difficult to add a Login Widget to the sidebar of your WordPress site, see our detailed guide on How to Add Login Widget with LoginPress.
That's all we helped you with How to Redirect Users to the Referrer Page After Login, You may also want to check out How To Embed Video on WordPress and How To Redirect Woocommerce Users after login.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a login widget?
What is a login redirect?
- LoginPress VS Colorlib Login Customizer: Which is Best?
- How to Monetize Your WordPress Blog: Themes, Tips, and Strategies
- What’s New in WordPress 6.2 (Features and Screenshots)
- How to Add Custom Fields in WordPress User Registration Form
- 7 Best Practices to Limit WordPress Failed Login Attempts
- How to Add WooCommerce Social Login to Your WordPress Site
- How to Add Custom CSS to WordPress Login Screen
- How to Reset a WordPress Site (The Easiest Way)
- How to Turn off Comments in WordPress (5 Easy Ways)
- How to Customize and Secure a WordPress Login Page
- How to Remove “Proudly powered by WordPress” Text From the Footer
- How to Change Your WordPress Login Page URL (4 Easy Steps)
- Benefits of Social Login for WordPress Site
- 5 Best Login Widget Plugins for your WordPress Site
- How Social Login Improves CRO on Your WordPress Site
- How to Add CAPTCHA to WordPress Login and Registration Form
- 2 Easy Ways to Unblock Limit Login Attempts in WordPress
- How to Add Front-End Login Page and Widget in WordPress
- 13 Best WordPress Login Page Design Examples
- How to Display Custom WordPress Footer on Login Page
- How to Redirect WooCommerce Users After Login
- How to Redirect Users to the Referrer Page After Login
- 8 Most Common WordPress Login Issues (How to Fix Them)
- 9 Best Social Sharing WordPress Plugins (Free and Paid)
- How to Create Custom Welcome Messages for Your WordPress Website
- How to Embed a Video on WordPress (3 Easy Ways)
- How to Hide WordPress Login Page From Hackers (4 Easy Methods)
- 9 Most Popular Social Media Login APIs
- 2022 WordPress Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
- 11 Best WordPress Affiliate Plugins to Try in 2023
- WordPress Login Security: 13 Ways to Secure Login Page
- 15 Best Jetpack Alternatives for WordPress Websites
- 10 Best PayPal Plugins for WordPress
- How to Duplicate a Page in WordPress
- 10 Best WordPress Backup Plugins
- 15 Must-Have WordPress Plugins for Bloggers in 2023
- 9 Best RSS Feed Plugins for Your WordPress Site (Free and Paid)
- How to Upload a PDF to WordPress
- How to Add WordPress Login Widget to the Sidebar (Easy Guide)
- How To Change The Theme for Your WordPress Website
- How to Unpublish Your WordPress Site (An Easy Guide)
- How to Change the Font Size on the WordPress
- How to Add Social Login Plugin to WordPress Website (Easy Guide)
- How to Change Domain Name in WordPress
- How To Add Google Fonts With LoginPress
- How to Customize the WordPress Login Page (Easy Guide)
- How to Find the WordPress Login URL (Easy Guide)
- How to Easily Change the Login Logo in WordPress
- How To Use Vanta.Js as Background
- How to Change or Reset a WordPress Password (2023)
- How to Redirect Users After Successful Login in WordPress
- LoginPress with GDPR to Make Your Site Compliant
- Login Page Language Switcher in WordPress 5.9
- How To Limit Login Attempts in WordPress (Easy Guide)
- How to Use LoginPress with WordPress.com?
- 9 Best WordPress Login Plugins In 2023 (Expert Pick)
- What Is xmlrpc.php In WordPress
- How To Design WordPress Login Page Without Coding
- WordPress Security – Protect Website from Hackers
- How To Use LoginPress With WooCommerce?