How to Redirect Users to the Referrer Page After Login
Do you want to redirect users to the referrer page after login into your WordPress site?
You can improve the user experience is to automatically redirecting users back to the content they were viewing exactly before they logged in to your WordPress site. So they can enjoy reading your content without any interruption.
In this article, we'll show you how to redirect users to the referrer pages after login.
Let's get started!
Table of Content
- What is Referrer Page?
- Redirecting Users to Referrer Page After Login with Login Widget
- Step 1: Activate Login Widget Add-on
- Step 2: Go to Login Widgets
- Step 3: Get Started with Login Widget Add-on.
- Step 4: Try Login to See if You Redirect to the Referrer/Current Page
- Final Thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Referrer Page"
By default, the users are redirected to the admin dashboard when they login to the WordPress site using the default login form.
Redirecting to the referrer page redirects users to the page they were viewing before logging in to your site. This is particularly useful in membership sites or blogs where users Signup/Register accounts.
Redirect Users to the Referrer Page After Login with Login Widget
Redirect users to the referrer page after login in with LoginPress Login Widget. To achieve this, follow the guide below. Don’t forget you need first to install and activate the LoginPress Pro.
Note: For more details, check our guide on How To Install And Activate LoginPress PRO Version?
Step 1: Activate Login Widget Add-on
First, go to the left sidebar of the WordPress admin dashboard. Navigate to LoginPress and click Add-Ons.
Next, you need to see the Login Widget Add-On and Enable the toggle button to activate the Login Widget Add-on.
Step 2: Go to Login Widgets
Go to the left sidebar of the admin dashboard. Navigate to Appearance and click Widgets.
Step 3: Get Started with Login Widget Add-on.
Note: The Login Widget add-on isn't compatible with block themes. So, if you're planning to use it, you need a non-block theme such as Twenty Twenty-One.
A new screen will open up. Here you can see the Widget with a “+” sign at the top left corner of the screen.
Click on the “+” button.
Once you click on the +, you can search for the Login Widget and drag and drop it where you want to display it.
When you click on the login widget block, you’ll see that Login Redirect URL is set to the Current page URL by default.
Note: You can also add a custom URL for redirection after login.
Now, whenever the user tries to log in to your site while reading your content or viewing your products, the users will be automatically redirected to the Current page URL.
Let’s try to log in to see if Login Widget works perfectly to redirect the user to the Referrer/Current page.
We hope you now understand how to redirect users upon logging in to the referrer/current pages. It’s super easy with LoginPress Login Widget.
LoginPress Login Widget is a simple yet effective way to help users redirect to the referrer pages after login into your WordPress site. In case you find it difficult to add a Login Widget to the sidebar of your WordPress site, see our detailed guide on How to Add Login Widget with LoginPress.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a login widget?
What is a login redirect?
- 9 Best WordPress Calculator Plugins in 2024 (Free + Premium)
- 11 Best WordPress Gallery Plugins
- How to Boost Login UX with Custom Login User Interface Design
- 25+ Best Free WordPress Themes – A Sneak Peak (2024)
- Top 10 Customizable Login Page Templates in WordPress (2024)
- 11 Best Mailchimp Alternatives 2024
- WordPress WooCommerce Tutorial (10 Step Easy Setup Guide)
- How to Sell on WordPress Without WooCommerce (2023)
- How to Fix reCAPTCHA Not Working in WordPress (2023)
- How to White Label WordPress Login Page Using LoginPress (2023)
- How to Monitor and Analyze WordPress User Login Activity
- How to Customize A WordPress Multilingual Login Page
- Best ChatGPT WordPress Plugins 2023
- How to Use LoginPress with WordPress Multisite in 2023
- How to Set up Custom WordPress Login Credentials in 2023
- Best WordPress SMTP Plugins in 2023
- 11 Best WordPress GDPR Plugins in 2023
- How to Set Up Multi-Factor Authentication for WordPress
- How to Add Two Factor Authentication in WordPress
- 7 Best WordPress Cache Plugins 2023
- Best AMP Plugins for WordPress
- 7 Best WordPress 2FA Plugins in 2023
- 13 Best WordPress AI Plugins 
- How to Fix the WordPress Login Redirect Loop
- 9 Best WordPress Search Plugins 2023
- How to Set up a Language Selector on the Login Page
- 9 Best WordPress Security Plugins (Secure Your Site Today)
- 9 Best Practices for Designing Form Layouts in 2023
- How to Create a Mobile Friendly Login Page Using LoginPress
- 11 Best WordPress Membership Plugins 2023 (Comparison)
- 13+ Best WordPress Social Media Plugins (2023)
- 11 Best WordPress Hosting Providers 2023 [Tested+Compared]
- 9 Best WordPress Redirect Plugins 2023 (With Exclusive Features)
- 17 Best WordPress SEO Plugins – Expert Pick (2023)
- 5 Best Social Login Plugins for WordPress in 2023 (Free and Paid)
- Why Use WordPress in 2023? [10 Amazing Reasons]
- Top 60 Free WordPress Plugins 2023 (Best Compilation)
- 9+ Creative Social Login Examples to Inspire Your Next Design
- How To Build a WordPress Website [The 2023 Way]
- LoginPress VS Colorlib Login Customizer: Which is Best?
- 7 Best WordPress Limit Login Attempts Plugins in 2023
- How to Monetize Your WordPress Blog: Themes, Tips, and Strategies
- What’s New in WordPress 6.2 (Features and Screenshots)
- How to Add WooCommerce Social Login to Your WordPress Site
- 10 Most Common WordPress Login Issues (How to Fix Them)
- How to Add Custom Fields in WordPress User Registration Form
- 7 Best Practices to Limit WordPress Failed Login Attempts
- How to Add Custom CSS to WordPress Login Screen
- How to Reset a WordPress Site (The Easiest Way)
- How to Turn off Comments in WordPress (5 Easy Ways)
- How to Customize and Secure a WordPress Login Page
- How to Remove “Proudly powered by WordPress” Text From the Footer
- How to Add CAPTCHA to WordPress Login and Registration Form
- How to Change Your WordPress Login Page URL (4 Easy Steps)
- Benefits of Social Login for WordPress Site
- 13 Best WordPress Login Page Design Examples
- 2 Easy Ways to Unblock Limit Login Attempts in WordPress
- 5 Best Login Widget Plugins for your WordPress Site
- How Social Login Improves CRO on Your WordPress Site
- How to Display Custom WordPress Footer on Login Page
- 15 Best WordPress Affiliate Plugins in 2023
- How to Redirect WooCommerce Users After Login
- How to Add Front-End Login Page and Widget in WordPress
- How to Redirect Users to the Referrer Page After Login
- 9 Best Social Sharing WordPress Plugins (Free and Paid)
- 2023 WordPress Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
- How to Create Custom Welcome Messages for Your WordPress Website
- 9 Most Popular Social Media Login APIs
- 10 Best WordPress Backup Plugins in 2023
- How to Embed a Video on WordPress (3 Easy Ways)
- How to Hide WordPress Login Page From Hackers (4 Easy Methods)
- WordPress Login Security: 13 Ways to Secure Login Page
- 15 Best Jetpack Alternatives for WordPress Websites
- How to Duplicate a Page in WordPress
- 10 Best PayPal Plugins for WordPress
- 15 Must-Have WordPress Plugins for Bloggers in 2023
- 9 Best RSS Feed Plugins for Your WordPress Site (Free and Paid)
- How to Unpublish Your WordPress Site (An Easy Guide)
- How to Upload a PDF to WordPress
- How to Add WordPress Login Widget to the Sidebar (Easy Guide)
- How To Find Your WordPress Login URL [The Easy Way]
- How To Change The Theme for Your WordPress Website
- How to Change the Font Size on the WordPress
- How to Add Social Login Plugin to WordPress Website (Easy Guide)
- How to Change Domain Name in WordPress
- How To Add Google Fonts With LoginPress
- How to Change or Reset a WordPress Password (2023)
- How to Customize the WordPress Login Page (Easy Guide)
- How to Easily Change the Login Logo in WordPress
- How To Use Vanta.Js as Background
- 9 Best WordPress Login Plugins In 2023 (Expert Pick)
- WordPress GDPR Compliance with LoginPress
- How to Redirect Users After Successful Login in WordPress
- Login Page Language Switcher in WordPress 5.9
- How To Limit Login Attempts in WordPress (Easy Guide)
- How To Design WordPress Login Page Without Coding
- How to Use LoginPress with WordPress.com?
- How to Disable XMLRPC.PHP in WordPress
- WordPress Security – Protect Website from Hackers
- How To Use LoginPress With WooCommerce?