How to Upload a PDF to WordPress
Do you want to upload a PDF file to your WordPress site?
You can easily upload PDF files to WordPress site and make them available to be downloaded. These PDFs help you grow your email subscribers or even sell PDF digital downloads in a members-only area.
In this article, we’ll show you how to upload a
PDF file to your WordPress site. Let’s get started!
Table of Content
- Why Should You Upload PDF Files to WordPress?
- Upload PDF Files With The Media Library
- Let’s Add a PDF File to a Post/Page in WordPress
- Add a PDF File to a Post or Page in WordPress Using Plugins
- Final Thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions
Why Should You Upload PDF Files to WordPress?
The PDF file format is portable, version independent, and reliable. A PDF never relies on the software, hardware, or operating system on which it is viewed.
It presents the data exactly the way you composed it. For instance, how often have you tried to open a Word Doc or a PowerPoint presentation to see a warning saying there are some missing fonts in the document? But you don’t have to be worried if you are using a PDF file. It lets you easily share images, tables, and much more without inconvenience.
Upload a PDF on WordPress Using Media Library
If you’ve planned to upload a PDF file to a WordPress site and want to share it with everyone, we’ve gathered some methods to let you know how you can do this.
Using the Media Library, you can easily upload a PDF file to your WordPress site. For this method, you’ll need to work on a Media Library to help you get the direct link to the PDF file.
First, go to the left side of your WordPress dashboard, navigate to Media, and then Add New.
Here, click on the Select Files button to upload the PDF file of your choice or drag and drop it into it.
On upload completion, you’ll receive the URL of the PDF file.
Now you need to copy the URL of that PDF file. Your PDF file has now been uploaded to your WordPress website.
Note: If you want to delete the PDF from your WordPress site, click the Edit option and click Delete Permanently.
Let’s Add a PDF File to a Post/Page in WordPress
Once you’ve uploaded the PDF file to your WordPress site, you might wonder how to add it to your posts or pages. By default, you cannot upload a full PDF document to your WordPress site. Hence, you can add them as download links in your blog posts. But it doesn't mean there is no way to do this task.
Note: We assume you’ve already uploaded a PDF to your WordPress site using the Media Library.
Now, add a File block in the editor.
Next, click the ‘Media Library’ option.
Next, you'll need to select the PDF file you want to add to the post. Here you can enter a title and edit the file name. WordPress also allows you to show a download button. Finally, hit the publish button.
Note: You can even change the button text and link it to the PDF file or an attachment page.
This is how easily you can upload PDF files on a WordPress site. However, you’ll require a WordPress PDF plugin to show full PDF documents.
Upload a PDF on WordPress Using Plugins
By default, WordPress doesn't offer the option to upload PDF files to your WordPress posts or pages. This is where a PDF plugin fills in the gap nicely.
The WordPress PDF plugin lets you display your documents on your WordPress site. Your website visitors can then view and download a PDF while staying on your site.
There are simple ways to upload a pdf file to your WordPress site using a plugin:
1. Install PDF Embedder on Your WordPress Website
2. Configure Plugin’s Settings
3. Upload a PDF
By default, WordPress doesn't offer the option to upload PDF files to your WordPress Don’t worry! The method mentioned here is a good option for uploading a PDF file to your WordPress site. You can also use different plugins for the same reason to engage your audience.
That's all we helped you with how to upload pdf on WordPress. You may also want to check out How To Change Domain Name in WordPress and How To Customize WordPress Login Page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I upload a PDF into WordPress?
Why is my PDF not uploading?
- LoginPress VS Colorlib Login Customizer: Which is Best?
- How to Monetize Your WordPress Blog: Themes, Tips, and Strategies
- What’s New in WordPress 6.2 (Features and Screenshots)
- How to Add Custom Fields in WordPress User Registration Form
- 7 Best Practices to Limit WordPress Failed Login Attempts
- How to Add WooCommerce Social Login to Your WordPress Site
- How to Add Custom CSS to WordPress Login Screen
- How to Reset a WordPress Site (The Easiest Way)
- How to Turn off Comments in WordPress (5 Easy Ways)
- How to Customize and Secure a WordPress Login Page
- How to Remove “Proudly powered by WordPress” Text From the Footer
- How to Change Your WordPress Login Page URL (4 Easy Steps)
- Benefits of Social Login for WordPress Site
- 5 Best Login Widget Plugins for your WordPress Site
- How Social Login Improves CRO on Your WordPress Site
- How to Add CAPTCHA to WordPress Login and Registration Form
- 2 Easy Ways to Unblock Limit Login Attempts in WordPress
- How to Add Front-End Login Page and Widget in WordPress
- 13 Best WordPress Login Page Design Examples
- How to Display Custom WordPress Footer on Login Page
- How to Redirect WooCommerce Users After Login
- How to Redirect Users to the Referrer Page After Login
- 8 Most Common WordPress Login Issues (How to Fix Them)
- 9 Best Social Sharing WordPress Plugins (Free and Paid)
- How to Create Custom Welcome Messages for Your WordPress Website
- How to Embed a Video on WordPress (3 Easy Ways)
- How to Hide WordPress Login Page From Hackers (4 Easy Methods)
- 9 Most Popular Social Media Login APIs
- 2022 WordPress Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
- 11 Best WordPress Affiliate Plugins to Try in 2023
- WordPress Login Security: 13 Ways to Secure Login Page
- 15 Best Jetpack Alternatives for WordPress Websites
- 10 Best PayPal Plugins for WordPress
- How to Duplicate a Page in WordPress
- 10 Best WordPress Backup Plugins
- 15 Must-Have WordPress Plugins for Bloggers in 2023
- 9 Best RSS Feed Plugins for Your WordPress Site (Free and Paid)
- How to Upload a PDF to WordPress
- How to Add WordPress Login Widget to the Sidebar (Easy Guide)
- How To Change The Theme for Your WordPress Website
- How to Unpublish Your WordPress Site (An Easy Guide)
- How to Change the Font Size on the WordPress
- How to Add Social Login Plugin to WordPress Website (Easy Guide)
- How to Change Domain Name in WordPress
- How To Add Google Fonts With LoginPress
- How to Customize the WordPress Login Page (Easy Guide)
- How to Find the WordPress Login URL (Easy Guide)
- How to Easily Change the Login Logo in WordPress
- How To Use Vanta.Js as Background
- How to Change or Reset a WordPress Password (2023)
- How to Redirect Users After Successful Login in WordPress
- LoginPress with GDPR to Make Your Site Compliant
- Login Page Language Switcher in WordPress 5.9
- How To Limit Login Attempts in WordPress (Easy Guide)
- How to Use LoginPress with WordPress.com?
- 9 Best WordPress Login Plugins In 2023 (Expert Pick)
- What Is xmlrpc.php In WordPress
- How To Design WordPress Login Page Without Coding
- WordPress Security – Protect Website from Hackers
- How To Use LoginPress With WooCommerce?