9 Most Popular Social Media Login APIs
Do you want to know your WordPress site's most popular social media login APIs?
Social logins always use APIs developed by companies, including Facebook, Google, and Twitter, to name a few examples, to allow users to authenticate themselves as valid user on your WordPress site. This, in return, gives users information like email, name, etc., for the developers to store in the database.
This article will discuss your WordPress site's most popular social media login APIs.
So, without much ado, let's get started.
Table of Content
- What are APIs?
- Social Media Login APIs Let Apps Authenticate Users Seamlessly
- What are the Benefits of Social Login?
- The Top Social Media Login APIs
- 1. Google Login API
- 2. Twitter Login API
- 3. Facebook Login API
- 4. Firebase
- 5. OneAll
- 6. OneLogin
- 7. LoginRadius
- 8. auth0
- 9. Okta
- Final Thoughts
- Frequently Asked Questions
What are APIs?
API stands for Application Programming Interface. It allows your application to interact with an external service using simple commands.
APIs let two software components integrate using a set of definitions and protocols.
For example, the login form contains only the login fields, including Username or Email address and Password. The login form on your WordPress site gets linked to the social login APIs to display them on the login form as an additional option for logging in.
Social Media Login APIs Let Apps Authenticate Users Seamlessly
Social login, also called social sign-in or sign-on, is designed to authenticate a user’s social media account to get them quickly registered to a WordPress site.
Social login APIs authenticate users seamlessly within a few clicks. It brings ease for the user not to use a new password every time they log into a new website.
See how social login looks on the login form:
What are the Benefits of Social Login?
Adding social login to your WordPress website takes your website to the next level by facilitating the visitors who wish to become registered users. Here are a couple of ways social login benefits your website.
- Users Hate Creating New Accounts: Most users hate creating a new account every time to get themselves registered to a site. Social Login solves the matter by allowing them to use their existing accounts to get registered.
- Social Login Saves Time: Social login is convenient. Users can quickly create an account on your website using their social media accounts instead of wasting time filling out the website registration form.
- Social Login Prevents Password Fatigue: Social login helps to overcome password fatigue.
- You’ll See Less Failed Website Logins: Social login minimizes the risk of failed login because the users don’t have to remember anything. They can quickly log in and go to their desired section of the website.
- Social Login Increases the Accuracy of User Data: Social login helps to authenticate a user. Noe fake user can get register.
The Top Social Media Login APIs
Now that you know what are social media login APIs are, here’s the rundown on the most popular social media login APIs:
Google Login API is a popular login API. It uses OAuth 2.0 for authentication. All you need to do is generate the application credentials with the appropriate scope, and you’re good to go.
After creating the credentials, you must insert the Google button onto your WordPress site for users to sign up.
- It controls third-party and internal apps to access Google Workspace data.
- It makes signup to your WordPress site pretty simple.
- It lets you have the complete data of a user, including name, profile URL, and email address.
Next, we have Twitter Login API in our list. It's different than the Google Login API. Integrate the Twitter button on your WordPress to allow users to enjoy the benefits of a registered user account in a few clicks.
You’ll first need to create an app on the Twitter platform. Then fill in the information and wait to get it approved. Once done, you can integrate it with your WordPress site.
- Twitter API works on websites, iOS, mobile, and desktop applications.
- Twitter login API grants you OAuth 1.0, OAuth 2.0, and Basic Authentication options.
Facebook is the world's largest social network, with 2.85 billion users worldwide. It helps to connect and share with family and friends across the globe. Once you enable the Facebook social login, it will balance convenience and privacy.
Facebook API uses OAuth for authentication. You need to create an app on their developer portal. After that, you’ll need to get the scopes for your app. Once done, you can integrate it into your WordPress site.
- Facebook APIs let developers access this network's functionality, including user information, photos, and videos.
- Facebook API works on websites, iOS, mobile, and desktop applications.
Firebase, a Platform as a Service offered by Google, is a PaaS. It handles web hosting, analytics, serverless cloud functions, and social login.
Firebase API lets you handle everything from user management to signup, login, and more. Primarily it's used for single-page web applications and mobile apps.
Firebase supports Apple, Google, Facebook, Twitter, and GitHub.
- It helps you accelerate app development with fully managed backend infrastructure.
- It boosts user engagement with rich analytics, A/B testing, and messaging campaign.
- It integrates with top tools, including AdMob, Google Marketing Program, and more.
Free. You can get started at no cost, then pay as you go.
OneAll lets you integrate social media platforms and are an easy fix for identity confusion. It is used by over 300,000 websites worldwide, including Microsoft, Red Bull, Pizza HUt, FOX, and a few examples.
OneAll supports 40 social login provider services, including Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Google, Linkedin, YouTube, and more.
- It lets the users' Register/Login to your site with one click using their social network accounts.
- You can easily integrate 40+ social networks in one go.
- It provides the best engagement solution.
You can get started with the free version. Then get the starter plan starts at $8 per month.
OneLogin solutions provide seamless authentication with high security and usability to meet your customers’ and organizations’ needs. It has over 5,000 customers. Its management solutions can protect your customers’ access and internal digital resources.
OneLogin lets you create a customizable self-service registration process and business-branded sign-up and deliver a seamless user experience.
- It helps you secure your workforce, customer, and partner data.
- It lets you centralize your applications, devices, and end-users in one place.
- It is top-of-the-pack for value, functionality, and support.
You can get started with the Free Trial.
LoginRadius has identity solutions for both B2C and B2B platforms. It lets you add secure authentication and SSO in minutes. It supports Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, and more. Every plan tiers to support a different set of social providers.
You can easily make use of API Libraries.
You can check SDKs for each programming language, including JAVA, PHP, IOS, JS, and NODEJS.ET
- It is a no-code platform and extensive APIs.
- It's very flexible. You can choose from choosing your cloud partner, data center location to deployment method.
- It is a CIAM specialist and the best focus consumers.
Free. You can upgrade to $14 per month (billed annually).
Security is the utmost priority when registering to any WordPress site. For beginners, we follow security best practices for storing user credentials.
Auth0 offers enterprises identity solutions for their users and customers. It simplifies the various APIs into a unified call and response. It supports over 30 social providers, including Facebook, Twitter, Google, PayPal, and Box, to name a few examples.
- It stores all passwords as hashed and salted using the bcrypt algorithm.
- It lets you protect your passwords against password breach detection, brute-force attack detection, and more.
- It has TLS (Transport Layer Security).
Free. You can get B2C- Essential plan for $23 per month.
Okta is a publicly traded company with over 10,000 customers. The platform supports many identity solutions for an enterprise, including social. The current social integration they support is Apple, Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and Microsoft.
Features of Okta Social Login include user registration profile capture from the social identity provider, user authentication, social profile sync, multiple social profile links, and OAuth 2.9.
- It is compatible with many on-premises applications.
- It lets you use a single password for all applications at once, which is easier to remember than many passwords.
- It automatically safeguards sensitive data.
It offers a Free Trial. The API Access Management charges $2 per user every month.
We hope you understand how social login APIs help to link social logins to your WordPress site. Social login improves the user experience by removing the hassle of filling out another signup form to register to your site.
It’s convenient for you if you run a WordPress website because you don’t have to send a verification email at the time of user registration and don’t have to store the passwords. Therefore, it acts as a secure means of authentication.
Implement Social Login in a heartbeat with social media login APIs and increase registrations on your WordPress site.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most popular social logins?
Which platform is known to have the most APIs?
That’s all! We hope you will now get the list of the Best Social Media Login APIs. You may also want to check out our guide on How To Change Domain Name in WordPress and How To Customize WordPress Login Page.
- How to Change Your WordPress Login Page URL (4 Easy Steps)
- Benefits of Social Login for WordPress Site
- 5 Best Login Widget Plugins for your WordPress Site
- How Social Login Improves CRO on Your WordPress Site
- How to Add CAPTCHA to WordPress Login and Registration Form
- 2 Easy Ways to Unblock Limit Login Attempts in WordPress
- How to Add Front-End Login Page and Widget in WordPress
- 13 Best WordPress Login Page Design Examples
- How to Display Custom WordPress Footer on Login Page
- How to Redirect WooCommerce Users After Login
- How to Redirect Users to the Referrer Page After Login
- 8 Most Common WordPress Login Issues (How to Fix Them)
- 9 Best Social Sharing WordPress Plugins (Free and Paid)
- How to Create Custom Welcome Messages for Your WordPress Website
- How to Embed a Video on WordPress (3 Easy Ways)
- How to Hide WordPress Login Page From Hackers (4 Easy Methods)
- 9 Most Popular Social Media Login APIs
- 2022 WordPress Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
- 11 Best WordPress Affiliate Plugins to Try in 2023
- WordPress Login Security: 13 Ways to Secure Login Page
- 15 Must-Have WordPress Plugins for Bloggers in 2023
- 10 Best WordPress Backup Plugins To Try In 2022
- 9 Best RSS Feed Plugins for Your WordPress Site (Free and Paid)
- How to Upload a PDF to WordPress
- How to Add WordPress Login Widget to the Sidebar (Easy Guide)
- How to Unpublish Your WordPress Site (An Easy Guide)
- How to Change the Font Size on the WordPress
- How To Change The Theme for Your WordPress Website
- How to Add Social Login Plugin to WordPress Website (Easy Guide)
- How to Change Domain Name in WordPress
- How To Add Google Fonts With LoginPress
- How to Customize the WordPress Login Page (Easy Guide)
- How to Find the WordPress Login URL (Easy Guide)
- How to Easily Change the Login Logo in WordPress
- How To Use Vanta.Js as Background
- How to Change or Reset a WordPress Password (2023)
- LoginPress with GDPR to Make Your Site Compliant
- How to Redirect Users After Successful Login in WordPress
- Login Page Language Switcher in WordPress 5.9
- How To Limit Login Attempts in WordPress (Easy Guide)
- How to Use LoginPress with WordPress.com?
- 9 Best WordPress Login Plugins In 2023 (Expert Pick)
- How To Design WordPress Login Page Without Coding
- What Is xmlrpc.php In WordPress
- WordPress Security – Protect Website from Hackers
- How To Use LoginPress With WooCommerce?