Top 60 Free WordPress Plugins 2023 (Best Compilation)
Are you looking for the best free WordPress plugins to grow your WordPress site exponentially?
WordPress plugins play a vital role in the ever-evolving digital landscape today. These plugins empower you to enhance your website's functionality, boost security, and more without even costing you a dime.
In short, they play an essential role in taking your online presence to new heights.
But with thousands of WordPress Plugins, finding the right ones can be nerve-wracking.
Don't worry; we compiled an all-you-need list of the best free WordPress Plugins.
Let’s dive right in!
Best Free WordPress Plugins 2023
When we talk about the best free wordpress plugins, LoginPress immediately comes to mind.
LoginPress is the best WordPress plugin for customizing the default WordPress login page. It lets you customize your login page straight from your WordPress admin dashboard without writing a single line of code.
You can boost the overall behavior of your WordPress login page regarding session expiration time, log-in order, PCI Compliance, and more. It has a Login Logout Menu free Add-on that lets you create a login logout menu for your website.
You can preview your changes in real-time before making them live.
Suppose you want to customize the login button. Simply select Button Beauty from the LoginPress > Customizer > Button Beauty.
On the next screen, you can add button color, button hover color, text color, and more to match your brand.
- Login order and Login Button: LoginPress lets you customize each element on the login page, including the logo, log-in order, login button, and more.
- Auto Remember Me: You can auto-check the Remember Me box on the login page of your WordPress site.
- Custom Password Fields: It lets you add custom password fields on the registration form.
- Session Expire: You can extend the session's expiration duration.
- Custom CSS/JS: It lets you add custom CSS/JS if you know how to code to customize your login.
- Form Footer: You edit your WordPress login page footer area. You can easily add powered-by and copyright notes to text in the footer of your site.
LoginPress Pro has a lot more for you!
The premium version also offers some useful Add-Ons that help you boost your site’s login page functionality. These Add-ons are:
- Social Login (Pro): This Add-on enables you to add social logins to your login form, i.e., Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and Twitter. It helps users use these platforms to log in or register to your site.
- Login Widget (Pro): It helps you add a login widget to the sidebar of your website. It is the best way to provide an additional way for your users to log in/register to your site.
- Login Redirects (Pro): It best suits you if you want to redirect your users to a specific page after they log in or out of your site.
- Limit Login Attempts (Pro): It helps you limit login attempts. It's the best practice to protect your site against cybercriminals.
- Hide Login (Pro): It allows you to change the default WordPress login slug, i.e., /wp-admin.php and /wp-login.php, to anything you know. It is another best security measure against security attacks on your site.
- Auto Login (Pro): It enables you to create a magic link to automatically log in to your site without needing login credentials, i.e., Username/Email Address and Password.
LoginPress has a free version. But the real value is offered with LoginPress Pro starting at just $49 per year with a 14-day money-back guarantee.
Analytify is the best free WordPress Google Analytics plugin. It helps you integrate your WordPress dashboard with Google Analytics and present your site's statistics in a useful manner. It’s the best way to help you understand your site’s performance.
You’re required to enter a tracking code on your WordPress site to get Google Analytics on your site. It involves adding website code, which could be difficult for someone with little coding knowledge.
Analytify comes forward to help you in this regard! It makes it easy to set up Google Analytics on your WordPress site without hiring a developer or editing code on your own.
Once the plugin is installed on your WordPress, you can see your important Analytics reports inside the WordPress admin area.
- General Statistics: Analytify presents general statistics about sessions, visitors, page views, and much more in a simplified way within your WordPress dashboard.
- Geographical Data: You can easily keep track of geographical information of your site’s traffic. It helps you understand which country/region is bringing in the most traffic.
- Real-Time Stats: The plugin gives you real time stats such as total visitors on your website currently.
- Automated Email Reports: The plugin helps you with automated email reports that best suit you if you are running an agency or a vast business.
- Pro Features: On the other hand, the premium version provides you with social media stats, events tracking, custom dimensions , enhanced eCommerce GA4 Reports , frontend reporting, and much more.
The core plugin is available for free. You can buy the premium version starting at just $59 per year.
Simple Social Buttons, a free WordPress social share plugin, makes sharing your site's content easy across popular social platforms, i.e., WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, and more.
Simple Social Buttons is a freemium WordPress plugins. You can upgrade to the premium version anytime. It unlocks more features for you, like customizing the design and display of social media buttons.
Simple Social Buttons Pro is now compatible with NextGen Gallery. Install both plugins and allow visitors to like, share, and spread your NexGen gallery across the digital landscape.
Note: You can easily integrate Simple Social Buttons Pro into your NextGen Gallery. It helps you to share your wonders with the world with just a click. See our guide on Social Share Buttons With NextGEN Gallery: A New Solution.
- Button Positions: Simple Social Buttons allow you to add social buttons to the sidebar, inline, and more.
- Animated Buttons: The plugin lets you add social buttons with animations on the left and right sidebars.
- NextGen Gallery Compatibility: Simple Social Buttons Pro is compatible with the NextGen gallery.
- Total Share Counts: The plugin is smart enough to display total share counts on the added social buttons.
- Button Designs: You can add different button designs, including small round, simple round, round text, round bottom border, flat button border, round icons, and official icons.
- Custom Buttons Color: You can easily customize the color of your social share buttons.
The core plugin is available for free. You can upgrade to the premium version at $27 per year.
Related Posts Thumbnails is another WordPress free plugin to help you add related posts thumbnails to your WordPress website. The plugin is user-friendly. Anyone can start adding the related post's thumbnail without writing a single line of code.
The plugin enables you to customize the thumbnail size, include or exclude tags and categories, and more. Plus, you can easily edit the style of related posts.
You can easily customize the background color, border color, excerpt length, font color, font size, and more. Thumbnails are arranged in columns under the post with related posts' titles/excerpts under each post thumbnail.
- Related Thumbnails: Related Posts Thumbnails automatically add a related post thumbnail right after your post.
- Thumbnail Resizing: You gave complete control over customization, like changing thumbnail sizes. Plus, you can change a custom thumbnail size.
- Arrangement of Thumbnails: You can easily arrange the thumbnails in columns.
- Background Color: You can customize the background color, border, text, text sizes, hover background, and more.
WP Headers and Footers is another useful free WordPress plugin that lets you add code to your WordPress website headers and footers section. For example, you can add Google Analytics tracking code, Facebook Pixels code, and more.
The point worth noting is that you don’t need to edit the theme files to insert the code.
The plugin has a simple interface that makes it easy to add code and different scripts from one place to your WordPress website, i.e., Headers, Footers, and Body section.
- Insert Header and Footer: The plugin lets you add code to your WordPress headers and footers.
- Add Codes: You can easily add Google Analytics Code to any WordPress theme.
- Add Custom CSS/Script/HTML: The plugin lets you add Custom CSS, script, and HTML to your website.
- Add Microsoft Clarity Tracking Code: You can also add Microsoft Clarity Tracking Code and code to your website body section.
WooCommerce is a free WordPress plugin that lets you create online stores with themes suited to your brand and industry, i.e., clothing brand. This popular plugin enables you to build an online e-commerce shop on WordPress.
WooCommerce comes with WooCommerce Admin, which enables you to control your store straight from your WordPress admin dashboard. You can track orders and get customer details, including their registration date, email address, total spend, and much more.
The plugin enables you to boost your store’s functionality with hundreds of free and paid extensions available at the official WooCommerce Marketplace.
- Payment Management: WooCommerce lets you manage payments with WooPayments.
- Printing Option: The plugin prints USPS labels right from your dashboard. You can also schedule a pickup with WooCommerce Shipping (available in the U.S. only).
- Create Store: The plugin is flexible enough to let you create beautiful stores with the help of a theme that best suits your unique brand identity.
- Developer-Vetted Extension: You can use developer-vetted extensions to sell subscriptions, bookings, or memberships.
Jetpack is a WordPress security and performance plugin. It aims at making your WordPress safer and faster. It has all the essentials that help you grow your website’s traffic.
The plugin makes it easy to migrate your site to a new host. In addition, you can migrate theme files and plugins to a new database, easily duplicate websites, create full database backups, clone websites, and much more.
It automatically examines incoming traffic to your WordPress site with a Web Application Firewall (WAF). Based on various rules, it then decides to allow/block them.
- Security Features: Jetpack helps you protect your WordPress website against spam and brute-force attacks.
- Tracking: You can easily keep track of the downtime.
- Two-Factor Authentication: Jetpack offers integration for two-factor authentication that best helps you boost your site’s security.
- Backups: The plugin automatically backs up your site in real-time. You can restore to any point with one click.
Jetpack offers the basic version for free.
Note: You can purchase the premium version at $9.95 per month.
Contact Form 7 is a free WordPress plugin that makes creating and managing contact forms on your site easy.
The plugin shares a user-friendly interface. Whether you're a blogger or just want a simple way for people to get in touch with their site's visitors, this plugin has your back.
Contact Form 7 lets you manage multiple contact forms with ease. Moreover, you can flexibly customize the form and mail contents with simple markup.
- Contact Form: Contact Form 7 lets you place contact forms on any page or post you want.
- Filters: The plugin offers built-in spam protection, freeing your inbox from unwanted messages.
- Customizable Fields: The plugin shares customizable fields.
- Multiple Forms: The plugin lets you add multiple forms, like feedback, newsletter sign-ups, and more.
Simple SSL is a free SSL WordPress plugin. It will automatically configure your website to use SSL to its fullest potential.
This plugin adds extra security features to protect your website. Plus, you can use server health checks to keep it up-to-date.
- Server Health: The plugin checks your server's health.
- WordPress Hardening: Tweak your configuration and keep WordPress fortified and safe by tackling its weaknesses.
- Automatic Detection: The plugin automatically detects and informs you when some actions are required against plugins and themes.
- Pro Version: You can upgrade to the premium version to enjoy many more, including the HSTS Preload List, Security Headers, Mixed Content Fixer Pro, HTTP Strict Transport Security , Vulnerability Measures, and more.
The basic version of Really Simple SSL is available for you for free.
Note: You can upgrade to the premium version at $49 per year.
10. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is your top priority to grow your WordPress site’s audience. Yoast SEO, as the name suggests, is a WordPress SEO plugin. It helps you increase your site’s visibility and attract organic traffic.
Yoast SEO is one of your WordPress site's best and most powerful WordPress SEO plugins. This plugin has numerous useful features in the free version. Like, you can optimize your content with the help of built-in suggestions to make it stand out.
The plugin helps you boost a detailed SEO analysis that guides you toward creating SEO-friendly content. It enables you to target the right keywords and increases your chances of being visible in Google search results.
- Automated Technical SEO: Yoast SEO helps you get automated technical SEO improvements, including meta tags.
- Canonical URLs: The plugin lets you add canonical URLs to tell search engines.
- Site Structure: It helps search engines understand your WordPress site's structure.
- Boosts Online Presence: The plugin lets you boost your online presence with customizable titles and meta description templating.
Yoast SEO offers the basic version for Free.
Note: You can get the premium version at $99 per year.
Elementor is a free page builder plugin, available for free in the WordPress plugins repository. It helps you create pages in no time.
The plugin enables you to build a professional and pixel-perfect website without writing a single line of code. It makes it possible to create a stunning website in no time.
The good thing about Elementor is that you can use any theme or plugin to make your site look exactly how you want.
- Drag-and-Drop Feature: Elementor has a simple drag-and-drop feature that lets you customize your page.
- Templates: You can use multiple template designs. You can also customize these templates without writing a single line of code.
- Responsive: The plugin creates a responsive site for you. So your site fits all the screen sizes, i.e., smartphones.
- Customization: It offers a lot of customization options.
The core plugin is Free. The premium version starts at $59.00 per month.
Akismet is a WordPress anti-spam protection plugin. It helps you block spam comments and spam in a contact form. This plugin is the best choice for you if you are running a WooCommerce store.
This WordPress plugin automatically checks comments and contact form submissions against, filters them, and then you can check them independently.
The plugin has more advanced features in the premium version, like it stores your data on the cloud and offering integrations for Jetpack, Contact Form 7, Gravity Forms, Formidable Forms, and countless others.
- Spam Filter: Akismet brings ease by automatically filtering spam comments.
- Comments Tracking: The plugin tracks deleted comments.
- Discard Spam: You can easily discard the feature that blocks the worst spam.
- Approved Comments: The plugin allows moderators to see each user's approved comments.
Akismet Anti-Spam: Spam Protection offers the basic version for free.
Note: The premium version starts at $4.95 per month.
Monsterinsights is another WordPress Google Analytics plugin in the list. It makes it easy for you to learn about your site’s analytics regarding visitor details, bounce rates, and more.
MonsterInsights, a WordPress plugin, helps you integrate Google Analytics into WordPress. You can enable all advanced Google Analytics features easily.
The plugin helps you determine what works and is not scoring well on your site. It helps you determine how you can improve your site's bounce rate and add more for the visitors.
- Traffic Analytics: The plugin helps you get an insight into your site’s traffic, i.e., the visitor's country, the device they are using, their age, gender, and more.
- Track Page Performance: You can easily know which pages drive more traffic to your site.
- Ecommerce Store Management: Using it for your Ecommerce store, you can get detailed stats for total revenue, conversion rate, average order value, top referral sources, and more.
- Behavioral Reports: You can get the behavioral report of your audience, like which keywords they searched for, what they clicked on your site, and more.
Monsterinsight offers the basic version for free.
Note: You can get the premium version at $99.50 per year.
14. WP Mail SMTP
By default, WordPress uses PHP and has no native SMTP settings. This is where you can use WP Mail SMTP, a WordPress SMTP mailer plugin, for your site. It ensures that your emails are properly authenticated and sent through 3rd parties so they don’t get stuck in spam filters.
This WordPress plugin lets you enable the Email log. It is the best way to have a record of technical details for an email, including email status, recipient email addresses, mailer used, email source, and more.
WP Mail SMTP offers a backup connection feature that ensures that if your email connection fails, the backup will still send your email.
- Email Delivery: WP Mail SMTP ensures that your WordPress emails reach the intended recipients' inboxes.
- No Spam Email: The plugin minimizes the chance of ending up your email in spam folders.
- SMTP Server: You can easily send emails using your preferred SMTP server.
- Error Tracking: The plugin is smart enough to keep track of errors that might occur during the email-sending process.
The basic version of WP Mail SMTP is free.
Note: You can get the premium version at $49 per year.
15. UpDraft Plus
Updraft Plus is a free WordPress plugin that enables you to backup and migrate your site. The plugin makes a backup archive of your WordPress website. This backup has the latest updates on your site.
This WordPress plugin helps you create a copy of your site on Dropbox, Google Drive, and Amazon S3. You can use this copy later on for migration purposes, i.e., migrating from one domain to another.
Want some added functionality? Upgrade to the premium version to enjoy many more features, including automatic backup before updates, 1GB of integrated storage, multisite compatibility, and more.
- Backups: The plugin lets you create a backup for everything on the website.
- Multisite: It is compatible with multi-site installations.
- Database Backup: The plugin offers database backups for boosting your site’s security.
- Backup Archive: You can import a backup archive.
The core plugin is available for free. You can upgrade to the premium version at $70.00 per year.
WordPress Importer is a WordPress plugin that enables you to migrate content from one WordPress site to another. You can also use this plugin to move a site from your local host to an online server.
Your new WordPress site may have a different author than the old one. Don’t worry! The plugin lets you import everything, including your site Authors.
The plugin provides you with several hooks and filters to allow you to enable/block certain features completely.
- Import Posts and Pages: WordPress Importer lets you import posts, pages, and other post types.
- Import Comments: You can easily import comments and comment meta from your site.
- Import Custom Fields: The plugin lets you import custom fields and post meta.
- Import Custom Categories: You can import categories, tags, and terms from custom taxonomies.
17. Rank math
Rank Math is another useful WordPress SEO plugin. This plugin helps site admin access every tool required to improve the SEO of their site.
This WordPress plugin is a highly user-friendly interface. It even best suits you if you have less SEO knowledge. Plus, the plugin has a responsive support team. In case you feel lost, you can seek help in no time.
The plugin helps you get more traffic for one’s website. The plugin automatically generates search engine-compatible XML Sitemaps for your website.
Rank Math best helps with the SEO metrics evaluation for each blog post of your WordPress site. It is usually displayed in a percentage form.
Rank Math automatically builds custom schemas and adds multiple Schemas to a single post. There can be different schemas, like products, recipes, events, and more.
- AI: Rank Math provides Artificial Intelligence to help you write SEO-optimized content.
- SEO Analytics: The plugin offers a built-in advanced SEO analytics module.
- Keyword Suggestions: The plugin helps you with smart link suggestions, extra keyword info, and related keywords.
- Title Readability: You can get the SEO result. It looks for if your title has your title has a positive or negative sentimental word, if it contains a power word, and a number.
- Analytics: You can easily get an insight into the strengths and weaknesses of your site.
- Basic SEO: Rank Math helps you with all the basics required for SEO, including using focus keywords in your content. For example, adding a focus keyword to the SEO title, adding a focus keyword to your SEO meta description, using a focus keyword in the URL, using a focus Keyword at the beginning of your content, and overall usage of the focus keyword in the content.
The basic version of Rank Math is free.
Note: You can upgrade to the premium version at $69.00 per year.
Sucuri is the best WordPress security plugin. It enables you to go for auditing, malware scanning, and site monitoring.
Sucruri, WordPress plugin, helps you remove malware and takes security measures that strengthen your site’s security. Plus, it has cloud-based tools that provide complete website security solutions.
Sucuri works as the best tool, i.e., SSL certificate and improved speed from the Anycast CDN, to help you increase your SEO rankings.
This WordPress plugin offers a free remote malware scanning feature that has changed how a traditional scanner works. This can help you easily scan your site and make it free of security attacks.
- Automatic Audits: Sucruri automatically audits WordPress activity.
- Malware Scanning: The plugin allows you to remote malware scanning.
- Monitor Blocklist: You can easily monitor the blocklist.
- Security: The plugin automatically takes post-hack security actions.
The core plugin is free.
Note: Get the premium version for $199.99 per year.
19. WP Code
WPCode is a free and popular WordPress code snippets plugin. It makes adding code snippets to your WordPress site easy without editing your theme’s functions.php file.
This WordPress plugin lets you add headers and footers, custom CSS, Facebook Pixel, and more to your WordPress sites. You don’t need to edit your theme files.
You can purchase the premium version anytime to enjoy many more useful features. You can get a code library, smart conditional logic, a private cloud library, and more related to codes.
- Manage Codes: WPCode lets you manage codes easily.
- Code Snippets Library: The plugin offers a code snippets library and code generator.
- Load Code Snippets: You can load code snippets for logged-in users only.
- Auto Insert: You can use the Auto Insert feature to run the code snippet anywhere on your site, i.e., only on the front end, in the WordPress admin area, and more.
WPCode offers the basic version for free.
Note: You can upgrade to the premium version at $49.00 per year.
20. Optin Monster
OptinMonster is a free WordPress marketing plugin. It enables you to create popup campaigns, email subscription forms, and more. This plugin is the best choice if you are looking to generate leads.
This WordPress plugin best suits you if you want to create a site conversion toolkit. It’s the best way to help you turn your site into subscribers and customers.
You can easily create responsive popups so your marketing efforts are best displayed on every screen size, i.e., desktop, mobile phone, and more.
- Custom Popups: OptiMonster lets you create custom popups to grow your email list.
- Stick Headers: The plugin lets you create sticky header bars to help you display website announcement alerts, sale countdown timers, and more.
- Slide Popups: The plugin lets you create slide-in popups.
- Welcome Mats: You can easily create fullscreen welcome mats that help you get new subscribers and market new products.
- Pro Features: You can upgrade to the premium feature to get hands-on other powerful features, i.e., geolocation targeting, Exit-Intent® Technology, MonsterLinks™ 2-Step Options, and more.
OptinMonster has the basic version for free.
Note: You can purchase the basic premium version for only $9.00 annually.
21. WP Fastest Cache
WP Fastest Cache is a WordPress plugin for caching your site. It helps you improve your site’s performance. It helps you improve your site’s load time. As a result, your site delivers a better user experience.
- Delete Cache Files: WP Fastest Cache lets you delete cache files when a post/page is published.
- Cache Timeout: The plugin offers a cache timeout feature that deletes cached files at the set time.
- Support: It supports SSL, CDN, and Cloudflare.
- Speed Optimization: The plugin also optimizes your site’s speed. It lets you optimize your site speed, like Minify HTML, Minify CSS, Leverage Browser Caching, ACombine JS, Disable Emoji, and more.
WP Fastest Cache offers the basic version for free.
Note: You can upgrade to the premium version for $49 for 1 license per year.
All-in-One Security (AIOS) is a free WordPress security plugin. The plugin is quite easy to use and does a lot for free.
This free WordPress plugin offers essential login security tools to protect your site against cyber criminals. Plus, you can use content protection features to protect your content.
- Hide Login Page: All-In-One allows you to hide the login page from bots.
- Lock Out Users: The plugin enables you to lock out users with invalid usernames.
- Login Attempts: You can limit the login attempts and track the user's attempts.
- Support: The plugin supports Google Authenticator, Microsoft Authenticator, Authy, and many more.
- Security Features: You can enjoy many other useful security features, like smart 404 blocking, malware scanning, country blocking, and Two-Factor Authentication.
Note: You can buy the premium version at $49.60 per year.
Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed is a WordPress plugin that helps you with automatic Instagram embeds. This plugin helps boost your site’s engagement with your Instagram followers.
This WordPress plugin is smart enough to push your new Instagram content straight to your WordPress site. It’s the best way to keep your audience looking fresh and engaged.
You can customize your feed to make it look the way you want. You can use the Load More button to load many visitor feeds. This is the best way to engage your visitors for long.
- Multiple Instagram Accounts: Smash Balloon lets you display photos from multiple Instagram accounts.
- Responsive: It lets you create mobile responsive Instagram feeds.
- Customization: You can easily customize your feed in width, height, number of photos, and more.
Duplicator is the most powerful WordPress plugin that enables you to migrate your WordPress site. The plugin offers the Zero downtime migration feature that helps you to move, migrate, or clone a WordPress site between domains and hosts.
This WordPress plugin makes a package consisting of your site’s themes, plugins, and database. Then, convert it into a zip file. Later on, this package is used for migrating your site.
- Duplicator: Duplicator enables you to set scheduled backups.
- Cloud Storage: The plugin offers Cloud Storage to Dropbox, Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive, Amazon S3, and FTP/SFTP.
- Multisite: You can easily migrate a complete multisite WordPress network with a single click.
- Preconfigured Site: The plugin enables you to create your own preconfigured sites to eliminate rework.
- Pro Features: With Duplicator Pro, you can set automatic backup schedules, choose what files you want to preserve or database-only backups, backup the largest WordPress websites, and more.
Duplicator offers the basic version for free.
Note: The premium version starts at $49.50 per year.
Autoptimize is a WordPress plugin that helps you create a site that caters to the needs of a fast-paced digital world.
Your site’s speed and performance are important in delivering a seamless user experience. Enter Autoptimize, the plugin that empowers you to optimize your WordPress site effortlessly.
This WordPress plugin makes it easy to optimize your site. For example, you can easily modify your website's images, scripts, and stylesheets. This way, your site loads faster and smoother.
- Load Time: Autoptimize improves your website's load times.
- User-friendlyThe plugin has a user-friendly interface.
- Pro Features: Autoptimize Pro helps you automatically create rules for critical CSS. Plus, it enables you to use ShortPixel adaptive images JS. It ensures that your site has the best image sizes.
- Backups: With Duplicator Pro, you can set automatic backup schedules; choose what files you want to preserve or database-only backups, back up the largest WordPress websites, and more.
Autoptimize offers the basic version for free.
Note: You can buy the premium version at $79 per year.
Sumsh is a free WordPress plugin that optimizes images, turns on lazy load, resizes, compresses, and improves your Google Page Speed.
Different image compression WordPress plugins badly impact the quality of the original image. The best part about Smush is that it compresses the image 2x more than the original without hurting its pixel quality.
- Image Compression: Smush helps you easily compress images without affecting image quality.
- Optimize Image: The plugin lets you optimize images up to 2x more than regular.
- Lazy Load: The plugin enables lazy load for you.
- PRO Feature: The plugin's premium version enables you to compress your images more than 5x.
Smush offers the basic version for free.
Note: You can get the premium version at $3 per month.
Mailchimp is a WordPress plugin that helps you to create signup forms for your website.
The plugin aims to boost your email list in Mailchimp. In addition, the plugin offers signup integration that makes it easy to subscribe to visitors from other existing forms on your website.
This WordPress plugin is fully developer-friendly, so you can use filters or hooks to change the plugin's default behavior.
- Compatibility: Mailchimp is compatible with popular plugins, such as Contact Form 7, WooCommerce, Gravity Forms, and Ninja Forms 3, to name a few examples.
- Import: The plugin enables you to import contacts into WordPress.
- Built-in Email Templates: It provides a built-in email template to customize the appearance of your emails.
You can get started with Mailchimp for free.
Note: The premium price starts at $79 per year.
WP-Optimize is a free WordPress cache plugin. The plugin has an all-in-one solution for your site; you can use it to cache your site, clean your database, and do image compression.
This WordPress plugin helps you to make space on your website by removing unnecessary post revisions. You can easily compress your website’s images without losing the original quality.
- Website Improvement: WP Optimize makes your site much cleaner.
- Optimize Database: The plugin helps you to optimize your database.
- Image Compression: You can easily compress your images.
- Cache Pages: The plugin lets you cache your pages for super-fast load times.
- Cache Exclusion: WP Optimize offers advanced cache exclusion rules.
WP-Optimize basic version is available for free.
Note: You can get the premium version for $49 per year.
29. Disable Comments
Disable Comments is a free WordPress plugin that helps you remove comments and stop spam.
Theis WordPress plugin allows/disallows comments from any post type in WordPress, i.e., pages, posts, and/or media. It best helps take measures against spammers.
The best part of the plugin is that it enables you to disallow comments on your multisite. To cut a long story short, the plugin helps you get full control over comments exactly how you want them.
- Comment-Related Sections: Disable Comments helps you create all comment-related sections, such as Recent Comments, Discussion, and more.
- Comment Deletion: You can easily delete comments by type and disable comments via XML-RPC & REST-API.
- Multisite Network: The plugin fully supports Multi-site Networks.
- Exclude Disable Comments: The plugin allows you to exclude disabled comment settings based on user roles.
SeedProd is a WordPress plugin that has a drag-and-drop functionality to allow you to create landing pages. It allows you to make changes and track them via a live preview of the page before making it live.
You can install and activate this WordPress plugin for free to start with over 200 professional templates, including WordPress themes, landing pages, and more.
- Drag-and-Drop: SeedProd is the fastest drag-and-drop page builder. It helps you easily create headers, footers, pages and posts, sidebars, and more.
- Landing Pages: You can easily create landing pages with the help of this plugin.
- Responsiveness: The plugin lets you create fully responsive pages. It means your site fits all screen sizes, i.e., desktops and smartphones.
- PRO Features: SeedProd also offers a premium version that unlocks plenty of other useful features, like over 50 templates, over 90 pro page blocks, subscriber management, access controls, and more.
The core plugin is free.
Note: The premium version starts at $39 per year.
Converter for Media is a WordPress plugin that enables you to easily optimize your WordPress images. Simply install the plugin, automatically converting your current images into a new format. This new first will be a lot lighter than the original image.
Converter for Media best helps you to boost your site speed and help bring a better user experience to your site.
- Optimize Image: Converter for Media lets you optimize the images without losing the original quality.
- Load Time: The plugin helps you improve your site's load time.
- No Coding: The plugin requires less or no technical requirements.
- Remote Server: The premium version lets you convert an image conversion via a remote server.
Converter for Media offers the basic version for free.
Note: You can upgrade to the premium version for $50 per year.
32. NextGen Gallery
NextGen Gallery is a WordPress plugin that helps you to create a beautiful gallery. This plugin is best for photographers, visual artists, and imaging professionals.
This WordPress plugin enables the photographer to display their astonishing work more captivatingly.
Note: You can easily integrate NextGen Gallery into Simple Social Buttons. This way, you can share your wonders on different social media platforms. See our guide on Social Share Buttons With NextGEN Gallery: A New Solution.
- Thumbnail Gallery: NextGen Gallery offers a basic thumbnail gallery for displaying your images on your WordPress site.
- Slide Show: You can display your images in a basic slideshow gallery.
- Image Browser Gallery: The plugin offers you an image browser gallery.
- Compact Album: You can easily go for the basic compact and list albums.
The core plugin is free.
Note: The premium version starts at $49 per year.
WP Shortcode Plugin is a free WordPress plugin that lets you add shortcodes to your WordPress site. It helps you add a post editor, text widgets, and more to your site.
This WordPress plugin has a modern, responsive design for you. In addition, it is translation-ready, and it supports RTL.
You can easily go for a custom CSS editor, custom widget, and more. It is fully developer-friendly. A developer can easily add desired code with the help of this plugin to their site.
- Shortcode: WP Shortcodes Plugin offers over 50 beautiful shortcodes.
- Preview: Add a shortcode with a single click and a live preview option.
- Gutenberg-Ready: The plugin is Gutenberg-Ready.
- Compatibility: You can use this plugin with any WordPress theme.
Simple Author Box is a WordPress plugin that enables you to add an author box at the end of your posts. Showcasing the author's name, bio, and other related information is helpful.
The plugin lets you manually insert the author box on your template file. Other than this, the plugin supports RTL and AMP.
This free WordPress plugin is the best choice for guest posts and guest authors on your site. It is fully GDPR-compatible.
- Author Details: Simple Author Box lets you display the author's gravatar, name, website, author bio, and social icons.
- Customize Author Box: You can easily customize the author boxes to suit your theme in style, color, and size.
- Responsive: It is fully responsive and best fits laptops, tablets, or mobile phones.
- Automatically Adds Author Box: The plugin is smart enough to automatically add an author box at the end of your posts.
The basic version of Simple Author Box is available for free.
Note: You can get the premium version at $39 per year.
Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) is a free WordPress plugin that lets you turn WordPress sites into a content management system.
You can upgrade to the premium version to uplift the core functionality. For example, you can use the plugin to take full control of your WordPress edit screens, custom field data, and more.
You can also create a fully customizable image gallery with the Gallery Field. Moreover, you can easily manage field settings by reusing existing fields.
- Advanced Custom Fields: Advanced Custom Fields provide a simple and intuitive interface.
- Multiple Fields: The plugin lets you add over 30 field types.
- ACF Fields: The pro version lets you use the Options Page feature to add custom admin pages to edit ACF fields.
The core plugin is available for free. You can upgrade to the premium version at $49.00 per year.
36. Smart Slider 3
Smart Slider 3 is a WordPress slider plugin. You can easily drag and drop your layers. The WordPres plugin provides many built-in designs to help you start your work from scratch.
You can easily create a fully responsive and touch-friendly slider. This is the best way to provide a better user experience for those approaching your site from different devices.
- Customizable Sliders: Smart Slider 3 provides customizable control for your sliders, i.e., add arrows, autoplay, Shadows, and more.
- Designs: You can start creating your site with a beautiful design with 6 varied layers: Image, Heading, Text, Button, Vimeo, and YouTube.
- WordPress Integration: The plugin fully integrates with WordPress regarding media manager, shortcode, widget, post permalinks, and post editor.
- Support: It supports popular page builders, including Elementor, Divi, Beaver Builder, Visual Composer, and more.
The basic version is free.
Note: You can upgrade to the premium version for $49 per year.
Enable Media Replace is a free WordPress media replacement plugin. This plugin is lightweight and quite easy to use.
This WordPress plugin is designed to help you replace an image/file in your Media Library. All you need to do is to upload a new file in its place. It reduces the extra effort to delete, rename, or/and re-upload files.
In addition, the plugin enables you to add a shortcode to your site that takes the file modification date. Later on, it is displayed on a post or a page.
- Compatibility: Enable Media Replace is fully compatible with WP Offload Media.
- Image Background: The beta version lets you remove the background of your image.
- Media Library: You can easily replace an existing file in your Media Library.
- Image Replacement: The replaced file will be uploaded to the same location as the original.
Hubspot is one of the best WordPress customer relationship management (CRM) plugins. It lets you handle all the essentials that help you easily manage your business, like Email Marketing and Live Chat.
Hubspot offers above 20 pre-designed free email templates. You can use these templates and make them best suit your campaign goals.
This WordPress plugin comes with a drag-and-drop newsletter builder. You can use it to create a newsletter in no time. In addition, it provides email automation software, email tracking, and A/B testing tools.
- Real-Time Chat: Hubspot lets you communicate with your visitor in real time using live chat and chatbots.
- Custom Forms: The plugin helps you generate custom forms/link existing forms from your website.
- Campaigns: You can send newsletters and automated email marketing campaigns.
- Analytics Dashboard: Hubspot has an analytics dashboard that generates health checks for your business.
Note: The premium version starts at $18 per month.
39. Pretty Links
Next, we have Pretty Links on our free WordPress plugin list. This plugin is there to help you create affiliate Links, link branding, link tracking, and marketing.
This free WordPress plugin can create link redirects from your website's domain. The plugin grants you a complete hold on your site links. It's the best way to improve your link strategy, i.e., group and organize.
- Short URLs: Pretty Links help you shorten your URLs.
- User Redirection: You can redirect a user based on the types, i.e., 301 (Permanent), 302 (Temporary), and 307 (Temporary).
- Manage Links: The plugin helps you copy and manage your pretty links in one centralized area.
- URL Slug: Pretty Links enables you to create your slug for your URL.
bbPress is a WordPress plugin that helps you to create an online community in no time. It has a user-friendly interface that lets you build different forums in no time.
With bbPress, free WordPress plugin, you can not only easily manage an online discussion forum for a WordPress website. You can run creating interactive conversations, encouraging user engagement, and more.
You can easily create multisite forums with the help of this plugin. It offers several templates you can customize to make them look the way you want.
- Templates: bbPress offers customizable templates.
- Spam Protection: bbPress offers built-in support for preventing spam.
- User-friendly Interface: The plugin has a user-friendly interface that enables you to create a forum in less than a minute.
- Filter Topics: bbPress has a topic tag feature that enables you to filter between forums and display topics with a specific topic tag.
Embed Plus YouTube WordPress Plugin is there to help you add a YouTube gallery to your WordPress site. It makes embedding a responsive video, YouTube channel gallery, playlist gallery, and YouTube live stream even easier.
Besides this, you can easily embed live streams, featured thumbnails, automatic Video SEO Markup, mobile compatibility checks, and more.
- Gutenberg Block Editor: Embed Plus is compatible with the WordPress Gutenberg block editor.
- Playlist Embedding: The plugin lets you create a playlist and channel embeds.
- Embed YouTube Channel: You can easily embed an entire YouTube channel as a non-gallery and/or single-embedded player playlist.
- Embed Multiple Videos: The plugin allows shortcodes to embed multiple videos on one line on your site.
Embed Plus YouTube WordPress Plugin has a basic free version.
Note: The premium package starts at $45.99 per 6 months.
BuddyPress is another useful free WordPress plugin that lets you create an online community. The plugin has a simple interface that makes it easy to add an online community to your WordPress in a few clicks.
This free WordPress plugin grants you full control over your created community. You can create groups, notifications, sitewide directories, and more.
BuddyPress lets you initiate private conversations with several members at one time. You can easily add a membership plugin to your site to extend BuddyPress’s functionality.
- Online Community: BuddyPress lets you create an online community.
- Member Profile: The plugin enables you to create member profiles where you can create custom profile fields, i.e., visibility levels.
- User Groups: The plugin lets you create user groups where users themselves can create micro-communities.
- Notification Updates: The plugin keeps you up-to-date regarding notifications like read or/and unread messages.
43. WP Job Manager
WP Job Manager is a free WordPress job board plugin. It helps you easily add a job posting to your WordPress site straight from your WordPress admin dashboard.
This free WordPress plugin enables a site admin to manually add the job or allow registered users to post job listings. There is room for adding all the required information regarding the listed job.
- Job Posting: WP Job Manager enables you to manage job postings on your website easily.
- Customize Job Listing: You can categorize your job listings, i.e., full-time.
- Email for Job Board: You can add an email/website address to the job board. It helps the job seeker to apply.
- Control Job Listing: You can view, edit, mark filled, or delete their active job listings.
GiveWP is a free WordPress donation plugin. You can use this plugin to add a donation button to your WordPress site and/or create a donation platform optimized for online giving.
The plugin allows your WordPress site to accept donations directly from your WordPress admin dashboard easily. Plus, you can use this WordPress plugin for accepting gifts for charity or any other unique purpose.
- Custom Donation Forms: GiveWP enables you to create a custom donation form.
- Built-in Forms: You can use built-in donation form templates and even customize them with ease.
- Fundraising: You can get detailed insight into your fundraising, i.e., filtering reports by date, form, and payment method.
- Donor History: You can keep track of your donor history.
- Multiple Payment Gateway: It offers multiple payment gateways, full-featured reporting for your donation form, keeps track of your donor straight from WordPress, and more.
GiveWP is available for you for free with all the basic features.
Note: The premium version starts at $49 per year.
45. User Feedback
User Feedback is a free WordPress plugin that lets you create interactive feedback forms, user surveys, and Polls in less than a minute. The point is that everything is done straight from your WordPress admin dashboard.
This WordPress plugin requires no coding skills to create user feedback surveys on your WordPress site. You can easily create any question type to collect user feedback, like text boxes, checkboxes, star ratings, and more.
You can use over 20 built-in templates for collecting feedback. The plugin automatically displays a survey to users who haven’t completed a specific survey.
- Feedback Survey: The user Feedback plugin helps launch a user feedback survey.
- Original Feedback: The plugin helps you get real-time feedback and results.
- Unlimited Surveys: You can easily create unlimited surveys.
- Unlimited Questions: The plugin lets you ask as many questions as possible in each survey.
User Feedback offers the core plugin for free.
Note: You can get the premium version at $49.50 per year.
WP-Polls is another free WordPress plugin that helps you quickly create polls on your website. The poll is the best way to get your user's response to your product.
This WordPress plugin has a user-friendly interface and best suits you even if you are a beginner. It offers templates and CSS styles to make your poll perfectly match your website.
With WP-Poll, you can create multiple selections of answers. It gives you the opportunity to get valuable user feedback and make your site exactly how your visitors want.
- Multiple Options: Wp-Polls enables you to add multiple options in the poll.
- Multiple Answers: The plugin supports multiple selections of answers.
- Custom Coding: You can use custom coding to customize the theme and appearance of your poll.
- Display Results: You can easily display results exactly when the user submits their answers.
WP RSS Aggregator is another WordPress plugin that is there to help you import, merge, and display RSS and Atom feeds on your website.
This free WordPress plugin allows you to import extensive content from multiple sites. In addition, you can collect content from third-party sources/other blogs. You can easily store this content in your WordPress database.
Note: See our detailed guide on 9 Best RSS Feed Plugins for Your WordPress Site (Free and Paid) and learn more about WordPress RSS plugins.
- Import Items: WP RSS Aggregator enables you to Import items, i.e., WordPress posts.
- Feeds: You can easily generate new feeds from text, images, or other media.
- Customizable Templates: The plugin offers you a customizable grid and list-type template.
- Keyword Filtering: You can easily go for keyword filtering. It helps you find the imported items based on keywords, phrases, and tags.
WP RSS Aggregator has the basic version for free.
Note: You can buy the premium version for $79 per year.
48. Weglot Translate
Weglot Translate is a WordPress translation plugin. You can use it to make a multilingual site without manually translating everything on your site.
Weglot offers over 110 languages support. Translate your site in different languages now and drive more visitors to your site worldwide.
Note: The Weglot, a free WordPress plugin, translates your whole site’s content for you. You probably like to translate your login page as well. We have got you covered! See our detailed guide on LoginPress and Weglot: A Powerful Solution and translate your login page in a few clicks.
- Automatic Translation: Weglot automatically translates the content of a whole WordPress site into a desired language.
- Flexibility: It provides flexibility to go for manually translate content.
- Manage Languages: You can easily manage all languages.
- Multilingual Support: The plugin brings ease to let you migrate from other WordPress multilingual plugins like Polylang or WPML.
Weglot Translate offers the basic version for free.
Note: Premium version starts at $17 per month.
49. Image Watermark
Next, we have the Image Watermark WordPress plugin in our list. This plugin helps you add or remove watermarks to your images uploaded in your WordPress Media Library.
This WordPress plugin provides plenty of useful options for you, like previewing the watermark image, setting the watermark offset, or selecting post types where you want the watermark.
In addition, you can set watermark transparency/opacity, select the image format, i.e., baseline/ progressive, and set the image quality. This is the best way to tell the world that the image originally belonged to you.
- Media Library: Image Watermark lets you add a watermark option in the WordPress Media Library actions.
- Automatic Watermark: The plugin automatically applies a watermark to the already uploaded images in your WordPress Media Library.
- Support: The plugin supports GD Library and ImageMagic.
- Backup: You can easily back up your images.
Easy Digital Downloads is there to help you sell your digital products. It is the right choice if you are looking for an eCommerce store for selling digital files.
The best part about this WordPress plugin is that it has no hidden listing fees. Plus, you can easily add unlimited products, transactions, and more.
The plugin is there to create a smooth purchase experience for your users. Like, the plugin makes it possible to complete a purchase directly on your site’s checkout page.
- Popular Payment Methods: Easy Digital Downloads support popular payment methods, i.e., Stripe and PayPal.
- Better Business: The plugin provides you insight into your business.
- Monitor: You can easily monitor everything related to your online store.
- Management: You can easily manage your orders.
Free basic version.
Note: Premium version of this WordPres plugin starts at $99 per year.
Quiz and Survey Master is a good option for creating online quizzes, exams, and surveys on your WordPress site. The plugin serves as a marketing tool for your site.
The WordPress plugin opens up many questions, such as true and false, open answer questions, checkboxes, fill blanks, and more. You have complete control over defining the appearance of your quizzes and surveys.
- Customizable Text: The plugin provides flexibility to customize the text of your surveys.
- Results: It automatically sends results via an email to the admin and the one who has submitted the survey on the site.
- Countdown Time: You can add a countdown timer to your quizzes.
- Unlimited Quized: You can easily create numerous quizzes without coding.
The core plugin is free.
Note: You can get the premium version at $129 per year.
Visualizer is another useful WordPress plugin that enables you to manage tables and charts on your website.
This WordPress plugin has a user-friendly interface. It makes it easy to manage and insert charts and tables into posts and pages of your website.
The plugin is one of the WordPress plugins that give you room for customizing each element of your charts and tables. You can also control who can view and/or edit your chart.
- Import Data from Charts: Visualizer lets you import data from other charts, graphs, and tables.
- Edite Data: You have full control over editing the data for your tables.
- Multiple Chart Types: It lets you have over 11 chart types, including geo, bubble, combo, polar area, and more.
- Import Data from Database: You can easily import data from any database and synchronize your data periodically.
You can get the core plugin for free.
Note: The premium version is available at $199 per year.
Print, PDF, and Email are available for free in the WordPress plugin repository. It brings ease to creating user-friendly PDFs and Emails. It makes it easy to print and generate PDFs.
This WordPress plugin is the best choice for publishers, as it automatically detects page content and provides customization features, including header, footer, PDF, and more.
- Copyright Notes: The plugin lets you copyright notes to your print and PDFs.
- Multiple Languages: The plugin supports 30 languages, including Danish, German, English, Spanish, Estonian, and more.
- Print-friendly: It helps you create print-friendly PDFs.
- Customizable PDF: You can easily customize your PDFs.
You can get the core plugin for free.
Note: The premium version starts available at $4 per year.
54. Ultimate FAQ
Ultimate FAQ is a WordPress FAQ and Accordion (that allows you to create a section with collapsible tabs, i.e., FAQs with their well-structured answers) plugin.
You can use this WordPress plugin to create a fully responsive FAQ and Accordion. It is an excellent way to provide a better user experience reaching you from different screen sizes, i.e., desktops, laptops, and smartphones.
This WordPress plugin offers so much for you. For example, you can easily order/sort options for your FAQ page or group FAQ options. Your FAQs are translation-ready. You can easily style your FAQs with custom CSS.
- Unlimited FAQs: This plugin allows you to create unlimited FAQs easily.
- Unlimited FAQs Category: The plugin provides infinite FAQ categories and tags.
- Add FAQs Where You Want: You can display your FAQs anywhere on your site.
- Flexibility: The plugin allows adding FAQs to any part of your site using shortcodes.
Ultimate FAQ offers the basic version for free.
Note: to the premium version for $22 per 6 months.
WP Last Modified Info is a useful WordPress plugin that lets you add the last modified information for your posts and pages individually.
This WordPress plugin lets you display the last modified author info in posts and pages. Plus, you can add the last modified timestamp in the post and the page’s custom field.
WP Last Modified lets you input all posts' modified info in the WordPress admin bar. You can also add the last modified author info, timestamp, and time from the post-edit and quick-edit screens.
- Position: You can easily change the position for the last modified date, such as above or below posts/pages.
- Edit Text: You can edit the default WordPress text, i.e., Last updated on, to anything you want.
- Sort Posts/Pages: The plugin lets you sort your website's posts and pages according to their last modified date.
- Updates: You can easily replace the post-published date with post-modified info.
Rafflepress is a WordPress plugin that lets you conduct giveaways and contests on your site. The plugin allows you to improve your site’s traffic by conducting giveaways and contests.
RafflePress offers drag-and-drop giveaways. Furthermore, the plugin comes with built-in contest templates. You can choose the one that best suits your site.
- Viral Sharing: The plugin offers a viral sharing feature, i.e., refer a friend and get a bonus in return.
- Integration: RafflePress offers seamless integration with email marketing that builds a strong subscriber base for your site.
- No Fraud Entry: The plugin requires users to enter their email addresses or social accounts to enter the contest. It reduces the chances of fraud entry.
- Responsive: The plugin is fully responsive.
The core plugin is free. You can get the premium version at $39.50 per year.
Editorial Calendar is a WordPress plugin that is a perfect solution for editorial calendars. It enables the content creator team to easily schedule their work daily, weekly, or monthly.
The plugin helps you keep track of your site's content types, promotional channels, authors, and publish dates.
You can easily see published posts, manage drafts, see the current status of a post, and manage posts from multiple authors.
- Upcoming Posts: Editorial Calendar helps you see the upcoming posts.
- Drag-and-drop: You can easily drag and drop a post to change its date.
- Management: The plugin brings ease to managing drafts.
- Editable: You can quickly edit post titles, contents, and times.
Uncanny Automator is a WordPress plugin that helps you automate ECommerce, webhooks, Google Sheets, and more on your WordPress site without coding.
This free WordPress plugin is integrated with popular plugins, including LearnDash, WooCommerce, Gravity Forms, WPForms, and more. In addition, it is fully compatible with the social platform, i.e., Twitter, WhatsApp, and Facebook.
Uncanny Automator supports popular apps and WordPress plugins, including Google Sheets, Mailchimp, Slack, Zoom, Facebook Group, and Pages. You can do a lot more in the free version.
- Automation: The plugin offers LearnDash and E-Learning automation.
- BuddyBoss Automation: It helps you with BuddyBoss automation.
- Marketing Campaigns: You can use this plugin to trigger marketing automation campaigns.
- Support: The plugin supports security headers and provides nesting support, JSON, XML, arrays, and more.
- Integration: It offers app integrations for Pricing:
59. WP Spell Check
WP Spell Check is a free WordPress plugin. It helps you proofread and audit your site with a single click. This plugin is the right choice for an error-free professional web presence.
The free WordPress plugin It automatically detects grammatical errors on your site, like spelling, punctuation, and more. Remember, an error-free website has more chances to grow.
In addition, it helps improve search engine optimization (SEO) and find broken shortcodes and HTML on your WordPress site.
- Integration: The plugin is integrated with popular WordPress plugins, including WooCommerce, SEO Yoast, AIOSEO, and more.
- Proofread: It quickly proofreads your entire site.
- Readability: The plugin helps you improve the readability of your website.
- Long Content Management: You can proofread the long content of your website in less than a minute.
The core plugin is free.
60. Shared Counts
We have Shared Counts in our free WordPress plugin list. This plugin helps you to add social share buttons to your website, i.e., Facebook.
This WordPress plugin makes it easy to help visitors share your posts with their friends across different social media platforms.
You can select settling options for your share buttons to make them consistent with your site’s overall look.
- Social Share Buttons: Shared Counts lets you add a Facebook Share Button, Pinterest Pin Button, and Yummly Button.
- Twitter Button: You can add a Twitter button using the third-party Twitcount.com API.
- Email Sharing: The plugin allows Email sharing. It supports reCAPTCHA support to prevent abuse.
- Automatic Social Share Counts: You can keep track of counts on the social buttons.
Tips for selecting the Best WordPress Plugins:
As you can see, many useful WordPress plugins are available for free. When selecting the best WordPress plugins for building an efficient website, it might get confusing.
We have some tips that can help you choose the right WordPress plugins:
- Define Your Website’s Needs: Before looking for a WordPress plugin, it’s better to identify the specific features and functionalities your website requires. For example, if you want to customize the default WordPress login page, LoginPress is the best choice.
- Check Active Installations: It's better to look for plugins' active installations before installing because it gives you an idea about the reliablity of the plugin.
- Read Reviews and Ratings: Read user reviews and ratings before installing a plugin before installing a plugin. With more positive reviews and high ratings, the plugin will be more likely to be reliable and well-maintained.
- Check the WordPress Compatibility: WordPress compatibility is necessary for choosing a plugin. You may encounter security vulnerabilities and performance issues if you install any incompatible issues to your WordPress.
- Look for Responsive Support: Make sure the plugin developer has customer support and documentation that provides insight into the plugin.
Most Important WordPress Plugins
As you can see, plenty of useful WordPress plugins are available for free. All are designed to cater to your unique needs. There are plugins that let you create an online store, add social share buttons to your WordPress posts and pages, increase your site's security, or more.
Considering the tips mentioned in the previous section, we’ve selected the top 5 WordPress plugins for you, including:
- LoginPress for customizing your default WordPress login page.
- Analytify for understandable Analytics of your site.
- Jetpack for increasing your site’s security.
- Elementor for easy website building.
- Yoast SEO for improving your site’s ranking.
Incorporate these plugins into your WordPress for uplifting your site.
FAQS About Best Free WordPress Plugins
Are there free plugins for WordPress?
What plugins should I have on WordPress?
Which plugin is best for SEO in WordPress?
Can I use two security plugins at the same time?
We have put in a lot of effort and time to compile a list of 60 WordPress free plugins for you. All of the above-mentioned plugins offer various features and capabilities to suit every website's needs.
Here is a quick recap:
- An Insight on 60 Best Free WordPress Plugins 2023
- Tips for selecting Best WordPress Plugins
- Most Important WordPress Plugins
Here are some valuable articles that may help you know why it's beneficial to create a website with WordPress and how you can build a WordPress site:
This is all for this guide!
Leave a comment below to tell us which WordPress plugins really helped you and how!
- 13+ Best WordPress Social Media Plugins (2023)
- 9 Best WordPress Redirect Plugins 2023 (With Exclusive Features)
- 9 Best WordPress Security Plugins (Secure Your Site Today)
- 17 Best WordPress SEO Plugins – Expert Pick (2023)
- 11 Best WordPress Hosting Providers 2023 [Tested+Compared]
- Why Use WordPress in 2023? [10 Amazing Reasons]
- Top 60 Free WordPress Plugins 2023 (Best Compilation)
- How to Create a Mobile-Friendly Login Page Using LoginPress
- How To Build a WordPress Website [The 2023 Way]
- 5 Best Social Login Plugins for WordPress in 2023 (Free and Paid)
- LoginPress VS Colorlib Login Customizer: Which is Best?
- 7 Best WordPress Limit Login Attempts Plugins in 2023
- How to Monetize Your WordPress Blog: Themes, Tips, and Strategies
- What’s New in WordPress 6.2 (Features and Screenshots)
- How to Add WooCommerce Social Login to Your WordPress Site
- How to Add Custom Fields in WordPress User Registration Form
- 7 Best Practices to Limit WordPress Failed Login Attempts
- How to Add Custom CSS to WordPress Login Screen
- How to Reset a WordPress Site (The Easiest Way)
- How to Turn off Comments in WordPress (5 Easy Ways)
- How to Customize and Secure a WordPress Login Page
- How to Remove “Proudly powered by WordPress” Text From the Footer
- How to Change Your WordPress Login Page URL (4 Easy Steps)
- Benefits of Social Login for WordPress Site
- 5 Best Login Widget Plugins for your WordPress Site
- How Social Login Improves CRO on Your WordPress Site
- How to Add CAPTCHA to WordPress Login and Registration Form
- 2 Easy Ways to Unblock Limit Login Attempts in WordPress
- How to Add Front-End Login Page and Widget in WordPress
- 13 Best WordPress Login Page Design Examples
- How to Display Custom WordPress Footer on Login Page
- How to Redirect WooCommerce Users After Login
- How to Redirect Users to the Referrer Page After Login
- 10 Most Common WordPress Login Issues (How to Fix Them)
- 9 Best Social Sharing WordPress Plugins (Free and Paid)
- How to Create Custom Welcome Messages for Your WordPress Website
- How to Embed a Video on WordPress (3 Easy Ways)
- How to Hide WordPress Login Page From Hackers (4 Easy Methods)
- 9 Most Popular Social Media Login APIs
- 2022 WordPress Black Friday and Cyber Monday Deals
- 11 Best WordPress Affiliate Plugins to Try in 2023
- WordPress Login Security: 13 Ways to Secure Login Page
- 15 Best Jetpack Alternatives for WordPress Websites
- 10 Best PayPal Plugins for WordPress
- How to Duplicate a Page in WordPress
- 10 Best WordPress Backup Plugins
- 15 Must-Have WordPress Plugins for Bloggers in 2023
- 9 Best RSS Feed Plugins for Your WordPress Site (Free and Paid)
- How to Upload a PDF to WordPress
- How to Add WordPress Login Widget to the Sidebar (Easy Guide)
- How To Change The Theme for Your WordPress Website
- How to Unpublish Your WordPress Site (An Easy Guide)
- How to Change the Font Size on the WordPress
- How to Add Social Login Plugin to WordPress Website (Easy Guide)
- How to Change Domain Name in WordPress
- How To Add Google Fonts With LoginPress
- How to Customize the WordPress Login Page (Easy Guide)
- How to Easily Change the Login Logo in WordPress
- How To Find Your WordPress Login URL [The Easy Way]
- How To Use Vanta.Js as Background
- How to Change or Reset a WordPress Password (2023)
- How to Redirect Users After Successful Login in WordPress
- LoginPress with GDPR to Make Your Site Compliant
- 9 Best WordPress Login Plugins In 2023 (Expert Pick)
- Login Page Language Switcher in WordPress 5.9
- How To Limit Login Attempts in WordPress (Easy Guide)
- How To Design WordPress Login Page Without Coding
- How to Use LoginPress with WordPress.com?
- How to Disable XMLRPC.PHP in WordPress
- WordPress Security – Protect Website from Hackers
- How To Use LoginPress With WooCommerce?